PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden to use Armageddongames.net?

ZeldaFan001
10-04-2003, 11:07 AM
"You are forbidden to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error has acurred when an ErrorDocument tried to handle the request."

This is the error message I get when I try to access this forum from my home computer. It happened yesterday. I am typing this at work because I am forbidden for some reason. I go to work, I can get on, but going on 10 minutes later at home, I am forbidden. What's the deal?

Eckels
10-04-2003, 05:20 PM
It's pretty clear, Nobody likes you.

linkofzelda1
10-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I'm with Eckels on this one. Nobody likes you.

J/k :D

Maybe AGN banned your home IP address? Might ask a mod or someone. Or maybe bans don't work that way...

Gerudo
10-04-2003, 10:10 PM
if he was banned, it wouldnt say 403 FORBIDDEN... when banned you can still browse the forum, you just cant really do anything (post, edit profile, etc)...

i just tried both 'armageddongames.net' and 'www.amageddongames.net', and both worked for me...

might have been a temporary error... maybe your trying to access a restricted area... :shrug:

AlexMax
10-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
might have been a temporary error... maybe your trying to access a restricted area... :shrug:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

cyberkiller6276
10-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Heh...I have something like that on my home computer, but only IE comes up with an error like that. When I use Opera it works fine. Maybe you should use opera at home...:shrug:

ZeldaFan001
10-05-2003, 12:57 PM
I use Avant browser all the time, and it has always worked for me.

Don't know why it wouldn't work because I always use AutoComplete and it has always worked.

I use Avant Browser on my WinXP partition and Internet Explorer on my Win98 partition and they both don't work.

I'm still getting the same error message.

No, I'm not accessing a restricted area. I use both the same Internet shortcut from home and work and it only works at work now.

Gerudo
10-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
What the hell is that supposed to mean? if you try to access a protected directory, then you get a forbidden error... duh..

take this (http://games.gerudo.net/misc/) for example, i can freely link to the stuff INSIDE the directory, but cant browse the directory itself... THAT is what i meant...

lord_jamitossi
10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
this happened to me to a while back. just go to armageddongames.net (without the www.) and it should work.

edit: it made the www a link... it isn't.

Goat
10-05-2003, 09:45 PM
I had thsi happen once. I could post on my computer in my room, and also my mom's and my brothers, but if I got on my dad's computer, it wouldnt let me in. I just didn't worry about it and stopped posting on his computer.

DarkPanther
10-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Damn that NetNanny.

You'll probably have to ask mommy to put in her secret password so she can sit with you while you browse the forums.

Just make sure she sets it back when you're done.