PDA

View Full Version : Slashing problem: Making an axe

Blonde799
10-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Ok, I've made an axe for my character, that worked well with the slashing bit, except for the last sword tile not looking correct, when link slashes up. I've tried a lot of things, including flipping different tiles around, and everytime, all directions would work except one. If I flipped the culprit tile around, everything else would be messed up. Yes, I've tried the sword/wand flip fix rule, but that has little effect on the slashing tiles. Anybody got any tips as to how to correct the problem?

KJAZZ
10-08-2003, 12:41 AM
It should be facing upwards, then facing diagnolly to the right, and then to the right. In other words...

| / -

If it's still a problem, you could post an image and I could try to help..:shrug:

ShadowTiger
10-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Can you give us a screenshot to show us the location of the axe in the problem area?

Blonde799
10-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Nevermind, I think I'll just make a club, or something.:p Thanks for the help though.:)

ShadowTiger
10-08-2003, 04:48 PM
:laughing: Heh. I would have loved to see that axe though.

Perhaps if you expand the axe, it won't have much room for error?

Blonde799
10-08-2003, 04:49 PM
It's one sided. The problem is one tile being flipped incorrectly.

Sephiroth
10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
What I think he means is, I think he was talking about the axe tiles when they have reached the end of the slashing thing like that. as in they don't flip horizontally anv vertically ending up with an axe that turns around when the axe was used. I think that's his problem.

ShadowTiger
10-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Perhaps you can make it a battle axe, which has 2 sides rather than a hatchet?

Blonde799
10-09-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Snort_2000
What I think he means is, I think he was talking about the axe tiles when they have reached the end of the slashing thing like that. as in they don't flip horizontally anv vertically ending up with an axe that turns around when the axe was used. I think that's his problem.
YES!!!!! I'd give you a million dollars, but I'm so broke right now.:D

I'm starting to hate the fact that only 2/3 of the whole slashing animation is determined by other tiles being used for other things, instead of a tile you made separately.

Sephiroth
10-10-2003, 09:04 AM
:D I knew it was something like that when I read the post.. I don't even know how to do that as I use swords all the time.