PDA

View Full Version : a wicked primitive question...

lord_jamitossi
10-03-2003, 08:39 PM
do the damage tiles work on the layers? i'm trying to make a house on fire but i don't wanna make a whole new set of floor tiles and rugs and stuff to put damage combo onto.

CJC
10-03-2003, 08:51 PM
I believe they work on layer one (As I've placed an eyeball combo on layer one and it works.) I'm not exactly sure on this though.

Cloral
10-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Nope. Combo types only work on layer 0. Period.

idontknow
10-03-2003, 08:53 PM
no, damage combos do not work on layers but here's an idea:
1. make a damage combo that is just a blank combo, doesn't matter what it is cuz it'll be beneath everything
2. place the house tiles on layer 1
3. place the flames or burning stuff or whatnot on layer 2, over the house or however ya like
4. on layer 0, place the blank damage combos underneath each flame or fire or burning material, or whatever...thus, when link hits each flame, he will walk over it, cuz its on layer 1 or 2 but he will also get damage, cuz the damage combos are on layer 0 (but can't visibly be seen)

Cloral
10-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Better yet, make a series of tiles that say what they are graphically on the tile. Then use these for the 'blank' tiles on layer 0. This way, it'll be easier to see what you've done if you turn off layers 1 and 2.

PS: The eyeball combos probably do work on layers, but that's because they are purely graphical in nature. The reason why combo types only have an effect on layer 0 is to avoid ambiguity.

lord_jamitossi
10-05-2003, 01:58 PM
i'm just making it so that the floor is on layer 0 and i have 2 tipes of floors: normal and damage. then i put carpets and cushions and stuff on layer 1 and the fire on layer 2. thus, i don't need "damage" carpets, i just put the carpet over a damage floor tile.