PDA

View Full Version : Kill all Enemies usage poll

Knil
10-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Do you use the Kill all enemies items? If so, describe the ways you implement it ( against what)

ShadowTiger
10-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I use it to trigger events. It's what it's supposed to do.

It's also possible to use it as a one-time triggering event, if you turn on the "enemies always return" screen flag.

Ganonator
10-03-2003, 07:24 PM
i've used it both for triggering events (which are the amulets in J:R) and as what it was used for, to kill an aweful boss in a cutscene. I don't see where you would use it just for the effect.

CJC
10-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Well, if there were a quest rule that would make enemies drop the item then it would be a lot more useful for players and such. In it's current state, though, it's really only good for cutscenes and such.

idontknow
10-03-2003, 08:14 PM
great idea: Quest Rule: "Random 'Kill All Enemies' Item"--it'd make it so that this enemies can drop this item randomly, like as often as clocks are dropped--right now, i suppose you could make it so that the first enemy drops it by checking the "enemy carries item" enemy flag but that still doesn't suffice--i really like that idea cjc!

EDIT: Another Idea: Having two of these items (Kill all enemies 1 and kill all enemies 2) Why? because lets say you want this to be a special item that triggers events or such, then you'd want to make the tile for this either invisible, or something special (like a spiritual stone or whatever) as part of the quest itself--however, if you want it to be used for more general purpose, like its really meant for, like having it be dropped by enemies, then you would want it to look like something more appropriate--if this came into play, the first kill all enemies item would be the one to be dropped if that quest rule also were to be implemented. By the way, if used a more general item where it would randomly appear and just kill all regular enemies in the room, what do you think it should look like?

CJC
10-03-2003, 09:13 PM
hmm... I really don't know. I guess a cracking skull, or maybe a moblin sprite that blows up into pieces of guts or something. OH!!! Maybe a ray of light or something (You could say that demons are allergic to light, and then when the item is picked up they all die.)

Jigglysaint
10-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Glad people are getting usage out of my ideas.

Yes, I was the one who invented both the Kill all enemies item and the trigger enemy. Hell, don't forget I was the one who invented ZC events in the first place(goes egotistical)

Knil
10-06-2003, 10:29 AM
I like the idea of two KAE items.....one for normal enemies, and one for bosses, i think would be cool.

*b*
10-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I actually haven't found a use for the KAE item, I don't even have a sprite for it! just dosen't seem very Zelda like to me, but oh well