PDA

View Full Version : screen shot capture, like print screen

Freedom
10-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Anyone remember how to do a screen capture to then be pasted into paint shop pro?

not talking about the snapshot feature, but how you would normally do a print screen in windows.

thanks
-Freedom

KJAZZ
10-10-2003, 12:48 AM
And why can't you just use F12? (Snapshot)

It's the exact same thing, you can just take the picture, open it in PSP, then save as a .gif or whatever you want.. -_-

ShadowTiger
10-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Ah, one would think, but what if we wanted to take a picture of EVERYTHING on the screen at once? Often, I would press the print screen button while drawing a tile, and I'd Alt+tab to Paint, and do a Ctrl+v, and a BLACK screen would appear, rather than the intentioned. What would I do to get the full image correctly?

idontknow
10-10-2003, 01:59 PM
here's what to do:
1. make a shortcut to zquest or zc on the desktop
2. right click that short cut & go to "properties"
3. in the part where it says target, after the file name, add " -windowed"
4. go to zquest, or zc or whatever
5. go to the screen ya wanna picture of
6. press the button on your keyboard that says "Print Scrn" (for other keyboards, it might be one of the Fx keys, x being 1-12 (so for example F1)
7. close out of zquest or zc, or just press Alt+tab
8. open up paint
9. click "Edit->paste", or right click on the white space & click paste
10. the whole screen should be painted, however you can go to "edit->select all" and then drag the zc or zquest portion of the screen to the upper left corner of the screen shot and then you could go to the lower right portion of the white space & then drag that corner up & to the left so as to cover all the extra space that you don't want

Freedom
10-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I guess I should have edited my post, I figured this out several days ago, it works exactly how IDK described above.

KJAZZ,
pressing F12 will not always work, I wanted to be able to copy flag shots, and it won't do those,as BH4 said you just get a black screen.

KJAZZ
10-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh. Well, you didn't say if you were in ZC or Zquest, so I wasn't sure.. (At least you spelled and capitalized KJAZZ correctly..;P)