PDA

View Full Version : Favorite VG Music

Linkafier
10-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey all. We have a favorite video game tune right? Cool, happy, sad all kinds of different catagories. I'd like to know what ur favorite vg tune is.

My favorite one is the Prelude Theme in my all-tiem favorite game (Final Fantasy) (http://cloudhavengardens.8m.com/ff1theme.mid)

So, what's yours?

AlexMax
10-02-2003, 10:24 PM
The entire soundtrack to Rez

KJAZZ
10-03-2003, 12:36 AM
There are too many songs that are truly awesome in games. I really couldn't decide.. So I'll just be the fool who says "any song from zelda." ;P

deathofspam
10-03-2003, 12:40 AM
The war of the magi from Final fantasy 6

Daarkseid
10-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Difficult to say.. though I happen to be partial to Opposing Bloodlines, from Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

Yoshiman
10-03-2003, 06:21 AM
I have several.

A.) Gospel Battle - MegaMan Battle Network2
B.) Fithing of the Spirit - Tales of Phantasia
C.) The Dream Will Never Die - Tales of Phantasia
D.) Nuclear Fusion - Seiken Densetsu3
E.) Depths of Norfair - Super Metriod
F.) Heroic Theme - MegaMan Battle Network3

I couldn't choose between these, so I listed them all.

ShadowTiger
10-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Boss Music BOSS MUSIC BOSS MUSIC! :kawaii: :D Heh.

Legend of Mana Irwin Upon Reflection.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Boss Music,
Secret Of Mana 1 Boss.
Starfox (Something.) Venom Boss Battle. (SO freaky. :sick: )
Terranigma Boss Battle. (Not so much though, but it's good for special effects, like the floor falling out, or ambushes.)

Oh god, there's so much more. To list them all, would surely send you to the grave.

Demimore
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
The soundtrack from the whole Ys series.
And also the soundtrack from the Soul blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma series. Wonderful games, wonderful music.

ShadowTiger
10-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I agree. The music from Terranigma is simply jaw-dropping quality. It's all brilliant, especially the Creation music. It's the only "true" holy music that I've ever found. ;)

Petoe
10-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Final Fantasy 6 soundtrack is... perfect! There's not enough words to describe how amazing it is. I love every melody in the game.

ShadowTiger
10-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Final Fantasy 6 soundtrack is... perfect! There's not enough words to describe how amazing it is. I love every melody in the game. Rest assured, I agree wholeheartedly. It was one of the things that attracted my father to the game. (Although, I will admit that he left the game quite quickly because it was "on a console." :rolleyes: .. Foolish.)

But (Without arguing, really.) it just can't hold a candle, lantern, lamp, or chandelier to Terranigma's Music. That game, just has some really matched music.

Kairyu
10-03-2003, 03:48 PM
GUILTY GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

"Blue Water, Blue Sky" is pretty much my hands-down favorite song EVER, and the rest of the soundtrack don' eggzakle suck, neither. "Primal Light" and "Still in the Dark" are pretty darn good, too.

Y's, in general, also has excellent music. "Palace of Destruction" from the first game is a personal favorite of mine.

Live A Live's "Megalomania" and "Pure Odio" are also notable.

Oh, and the combination of "Heart of Fire" and "Out of Time" used as Julius's theme in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is nice as well.

Aegis Runestone
10-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Breath of Fire IV has some of the sweetest orchesterated music ever, I wish people would make more midis of them.

"Bastard Sword", "A Raging Emperor's Banquet" and "Relessed" are my favorites. :)

Pablo
10-03-2003, 06:33 PM
The Bolero of Fire, from Ocarina of Time.

Also Saria's Song and the Song of Time.

/me hums...

Rijuhn
10-03-2003, 09:08 PM
I might have to say....hmm....this is hard....Okay, I got a favorite at least, Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Zora's Theme.

Maverick_Zero
10-03-2003, 09:30 PM
The Zozo theme from ff6, that songs gets stuck in my head so easily and I love it.

Ian
10-04-2003, 05:00 PM
No specific ones, but I love all the original MegaMan tunes, all the music from the Metroid series, and all Zelda music.

Linkafier
10-04-2003, 08:03 PM
OMG somebody slap me! I forgot all about Zelda. The legend of Zelda Overworld tunes are DEFINATLY my favorites.