PDA

View Full Version : boss lock block -

eatyourneighbors
10-02-2003, 07:12 PM
does it work yet? it seems its opening whether i have the boss key or not...

*b*
10-02-2003, 07:39 PM
as far as I know, it has

(yes it was short, but it was to-the-point)

eatyourneighbors
10-03-2003, 01:07 AM
then i ask can anyone think why my boss lock blocks would open if i dont have the boss key for that dungeon?

CJC
10-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Are you sure that it's set as a boss lock block instead of a normal lock block? Also, I think it won't work if you have an Enemies>Secret flag in the room. (I'm not sure on this, so check it.)

Ganonator
10-03-2003, 08:57 PM
i've had instances where it will eat a normal key in DOS and just open w/o a Boss key in windows... its being fixed for the next release.. hopefully

idontknow
10-03-2003, 08:57 PM
although it should, perhaps you have an original or revision 1 subscreen type & so it won't work--just try changing the subscreen type to revision 2 (which you can do by going to Quest->init data & then going to the last pg (pg 8) and then clicking the box labeled "subscreen type". Revision 2 is the type that has the boss key included in it so maybe thats the type of subscreen needed in order to use boss keys

ooh! wait! what version are you using? i know there was a version where lock blocks first came out & the boss lock blocks were really buggy--like you could open them without any key at all (and they did not take up a regular key neither) so maybe its the version--not sure when it was corrected, i think either beta 163, or the next one that was released after that