PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat wars

~cydlet~
10-02-2003, 06:29 PM
It's starting to turn cold around here, and the frost on my windshield this morning was a sure sign that the battle of wills regarding the office thermostat are to begin.

My bosses insist on turning the (gas) heat completely off at night; they claim it saves money.

I however, lobby for keeping the heat on but turning it down, stating that it takes more energy to heat a cold building than it does to keep a warm building a constant temperature.

ShadowTiger
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
I don't work in an office, but I go to school. ;) The Computer room is always freezing. I really don't know what to do about it, because it's hard to regulate it. But I can't affect anything, so I'll just cope. :shrug:

Gerudo
10-02-2003, 07:12 PM
last time someone said something about cold, my boss turned up the heat when it was still 70+... people can be ignorant...

cyd, you're right, it takes less to keep a room at a constant temp...

stormwatcheagle
10-02-2003, 07:59 PM
i tell you, my high school's heating system is from the stone age. Whenit's hot outside the temperature goes up, and when it's cold, it goes down. And since it's run by a computer, the maitence people can't do much about it.

Pablo
10-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
i tell you, my high school's heating system is from the stone age. Whenit's hot outside the temperature goes up, and when it's cold, it goes down. And since it's run by a computer, the maitence people can't do much about it.

At least your school has heat and a/c.

$7500 a year to attend this school, and they don't even have a heating system (or an air conditioner)

Ich
10-03-2003, 12:07 AM
We recently (last year) got some new heating/cooling units put on the roof of our school, and except for the "Closed: Gas Leak" day, they've been functioning well.

bigjoe
10-03-2003, 01:08 AM
I feel sorry for dem poor office mice :/

~cydlet~
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Meatwad
I feel sorry for dem poor office mice :/

mebbe if the damn office mice would do their share of the work (like the dreaded filing!), i could feel sorry for them, too.

Ganonator
10-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Its funny you have the choice for "this office has heat?"... There are times when the a/c gets cranked up so much in the late summer/early fall and its pretty damn cold inside. I noticed it most when I moved out here to Seattle and worked at target. I'd have to wear an undershirt just to keep warm.

But the meeces? they wear fur coats.. geez..