PDA

View Full Version : America's Army: Thing not workin??

bigjoe
10-02-2003, 01:15 AM
I finally decided I would go download that army game.

But...

The registration process isnt working!

Am I the only one?

AlexMax
10-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Maybe they don't have any of their helicopters on standby ready to...well...obligitory PA link...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020605l.gif

Bloodstar64
10-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Maybe they don't have any of their helicopters on standby ready to...well...obligitory PA link...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020605l.gif

I just had to laugh my fucking ass off at that. That was great Alex.

Pablo
10-02-2003, 08:09 PM
I heard the game sucked. Why'd you bother with it when there are so many better shooters out there?

As for the pic, well, everything that can be said, has been said.

stormwatcheagle
10-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
I heard the game sucked. Why'd you bother with it when there are so many better shooters out there?

As for the pic, well, everything that can be said, has been said.

Unlike most other shooters, this one is free and legal. Now, even if a game sucks, as long as it's free, what's there to lose?

Pablo
10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle

Unlike most other shooters, this one is free and legal. Now, even if a game sucks, as long as it's free, what's there to lose?

*The 4 hours you spend downloading the 500+ MB install package.
*The 2 days you spend attempting to figure out how to install the thing.
*The month it takes for you to realize that you could be playing Counter-Strike instead (which, by the way, is free and legal)

War Lord
10-02-2003, 08:45 PM
You mean...
*The 5-10 minutes you spend downloading the 500+ MB install package.
*The 2 minutes you spend installing the thing.
*The minutes spent playing a solid, more realistic shooter, and also realizing that that counter-strike and this game are on 2 different fields.

Pablo
10-02-2003, 09:02 PM
To each his own :shrug:

I wish my connection was as fast as yours...

Maverick_Zero
10-03-2003, 09:33 PM
I liked it, the thing is that people with real skill get the good stuff in it. If you want to play you HAVE to go through basic traiining, if you want to be a sniper you have to get a really high score on a sniper test, and so on. Instead of with CS, although a good game, a n00b who gets on a good team can buy an AWP or PARA and take a good amount of people out, just becuase they're team won them all that money.

linkofzelda1
10-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Go buy Unreal Tournament 2003. There's a real FPS.

Never played this one though... Where do I get it?

Maverick_Zero
10-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Yeah, REAL FPS games allow a person who can pick up a flak cannon, who may have no prior experience to unleash hell on everyone, even though they may suck. UT2k3 is a good game, but c'mon the army game is cooler cause you're running around in camouflage with a m4 then running through some floating castle, that if you fall off you fall for a bit and die and you just start shooting anything that moves, it also trains you for when you get drafted for WWIII

stormwatcheagle
10-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by linkofzelda1
Go buy Unreal Tournament 2003. There's a real FPS.

Never played this one though... Where do I get it?

Do you realize how stupid you made yourself sound there?