PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With Troubles

carrot red
10-01-2003, 10:27 AM
When something is deeply troubling you, how likely are you to talk to your friend/spouse, family member or teacher about it?

Verman
10-01-2003, 11:16 AM
I dont talk about my problems usually. I usually go crazy or ignore the problem. But I have no idea when it was that i was last deeply troubled by someting. Most things dont get very deep.

Ah wells :D

BTW, OOoOOAOsjdasdO!

J.J. Maxx
10-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Bah, it depends on what it is. If it's something that just involves me, I keep it to myself, if it involves others I talk about it with them..

Clueless Blonde
10-01-2003, 12:14 PM
I have a few close friends that I may share my troubles with... but I won't just talk about them to everyone.

Master Ghaleon
10-01-2003, 12:21 PM
I usually keep my troubles to myself and if they are really really bad I try to get some advice/help.

Mitsukara
10-01-2003, 02:05 PM
I find it very comforting to be able to talk to someone sometimes... I really don't mean to be selfish, or self-centered, but I guess I do talk about my troubles a lot sometimes...

Of course, it's not really normal exactly who I tend to find myself talking to, though... I mean, I don't really have any non-relative friends in "real life", and I'm not that close to a lot of my family... and a lot of the things I have problems with are things I can't tell them anyway... so I end up talking about it to people online a lot (chat or AIM a lot more so than forums, usually, unless I can't find anyone online and I really need to talk about something). I have a lot of (well, some... but they're good people) friends that I've met online, though, so that's okay with me, really...

The two main things that constrict me from feeling comfortable about talking about things, I guess, are that I'm afraid I'll offend the other people (being selfish, being whiny, being annoying, talking too much, grossing them out, offending them on moral grounds, etc.)... of course, even if I knew I wouldn't offend them, I still don't want to be selfish, it's just generally a bad thing to get in the habit of... the other thing, I guess, is that they'll turn around and yell at me. I'm afraid that someone is going to call me a whiny little bitch and come through the computer screen and beat me up, or something, I guess...

Likewise, though, I'm the opposite of JJ; I tend to have trouble talking to other people about their problems. That's by no means because I don't care or don't worry; actually, I worry too much, and I'm afraid of saying the wrong things. I want to help, but I find myself not doing anything or saying much of anything specific to try to help, because I'm afraid I'll only hurt them worse, or at the least upset them/alienate them. Then I bash myself in the head if things didn't manage to work out for them. This doesn't always happen, but it happens a little too often... I really want to help people, but I don't know how, and as such I don't feel qualified, or like I even have the right to try, because I very likely could just screw things up worse. And if they're doing anything that's causing me problems, I tend to want to just be quiet and let it go, unless I feel sure I can really do something to improve things without hurting them too much.

Most of the time I'm comfortable enough to talk about it when I really need to and don't bring up minor stuff unless I'm in a bad mood, though, so I guess I get along okay... I chose the first option, it seemed most appropriate.

Prrkitty
10-01-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm one that can't keep things in. Talking things out, for me anyway, usually helps me put things in perspective.

ShadowTiger
10-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Bah, it depends on what it is. If it's something that just involves me, I keep it to myself, if it involves others I talk about it with them.. Same here.

Ich
10-01-2003, 03:41 PM
I don't share my troubles with my parents or brothers at all. I also don't talk to anybody else, because it's usually pretty depressing. Were someone to express their interest in hearing my life story, I'd tell them.

VEL
10-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I usually talk to my dad about it. It seems like I can talk to him about anything, nothing I talk about seems to bother him. I don't talk to him about everything, I do talk about some things, if I hold in things too much they make me feel sick, and make me throw up.

~cydlet~
10-01-2003, 06:43 PM
i have a small inner-circle of friends that i can trust with anything, and we're all pretty open with each other. my family gets less and less info about me lately, not that i tell them a lot.

Pablo
10-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Only very rarely do I actually talk to people about my problems. I hate to admit that I do have problems, but they end up getting to the point where I can't ignore them any longer-and then I rant. This cycle can't be good for my mental health.

TheGeepster
10-07-2003, 08:17 PM
The answer depends on how bad the problem may be and how well I trust the perspective confidante. Usually I'm fairly open though.

Drunken Tiger
10-08-2003, 05:48 AM
Yeah I will most likely tell if i feel that i can no longer handle it myself.. But normally i just keep it to myself..

the angry monk
10-08-2003, 05:48 PM
i usually keep things bottled in, not telling anybody about my problems. i used to jus drink my problems away until that caused more problems. if i talk to anybody, it will be either my best friend or my father. sometimes i would talk to my wife about it but most of the time she's the reason why i'm pissed.

Goat
10-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Depends on who it is. There are maybe 3 people online taht I would share my problems with. I have 2 friends out of many taht I fell I can talk to and share my problems with. There is absolutely noone in my family that I can share with, and this causes a lot of friction between me and the family, but hey, thast what they get for being stupid.