PDA

View Full Version : General Clark watches too much Sci-Fi

Starkist
09-30-2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,60629,00.html

Perhaps he thinks that he can be like Kennedy, and rally the people around the space program when they sent men to the moon, but Einstein would have a few words for the general were he still around. :laughing:

fatcatfan
09-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Hrm... my first impression was that he was speaking metaphorically... but apparently not. While I, too, would like to see more focus on our space program, I can't support someone like Clark who flip-flops so much. Never mind that he's a Democrat.

stormwatcheagle
09-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, is is a theory. Even though it is widely accepted and makes sense, there's a chance it could be wrong. I'm not gonna get into a debate on the subject, though.

bigjoe
10-01-2003, 12:19 AM
I would respect an urge to change this oil-dependant society into a more functional, rewarding place to live.

But Halliburton pwnt you so that aint going to happen.

Starkist
10-01-2003, 01:13 AM
General Wesley Clark isn't even a competent presidential candidate nor military leader, much less quantum physicist.

/me waits for C-Dawg to complain about unsupported generalizations...

carrot red
10-02-2003, 09:38 AM
I think he has gotten stuck in a worm hole.
How about Dilbert for President?

Someone should tell Gen Clark that he's running for President of the United States of America, *not* the President of the United Federation of Planets.

Maybe he'll be smart enough to choose Gray Davis as his running mate. A governor who has every planet represented in his State could use a President who can get them all back home in split time!