PDA

View Full Version : The More The Merrier?

carrot red
09-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Saudi Weds Four in One Ceremony to Spite Ex-Wife

Riyadh (Reuters) - A Saudi man married four women in one night only to prove to his estranged first wife that he was still attractive, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

After the failed marriage, which only lasted several months, the man's wife told him that "no woman would ever marry him," al-Watan newspaper said.

"So he swore to marry four women just to prove her wrong," it said.

Polygamy is relatively common in Saudi Arabia, a conservative society with deep Islamic and tribal roots. Under the country's Islamic law, men are allowed to marry up to four wives at the same time.

Yeah, right.:eyebrow:
And that was pretty *smart* too.

fatcatfan
09-30-2003, 10:37 AM
I can't wait for the follow-up to discover how well his new marriages fare. What kind of moron wants four wives? I mean, I can understand the sexual motivation, but really, is it worth putting up with *four* women?

deathbyhokie
09-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
I can't wait for the follow-up to discover how well his new marriages fare. What kind of moron wants four wives? I mean, I can understand the sexual motivation, but really, is it worth putting up with *four* women?

did you read my mind or something?

Ich
09-30-2003, 12:02 PM
It'd be like a harem. I hope he's rich, or otherwise he's pretty screwed.

Starkist
09-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Well in the old days, there was a legitamite reason. Women really weren't allowed to take care of themselves, and their families didn't want to shoulder that burden, so men were allowed up to four wives so that each one would have a home and be supported.

Although I can't imagine trying to live with four modern-day liberated women. Yikes. :tongue: