PDA

View Full Version : Just had a thought...

Pablo
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
So I was reading through this article (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/news_6029469.html) on MGS3, and it mentioned something about going "back to the origin". Well, what better way is there to go "back", than to remake Metal Gear 1? There seem to be a fair amount of striking similarities between MG1 and MGS3. Like the jungle setting, for instance. Hmm...

Erasul
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
MGS: The Twin Snakes is the remake of MGS1...on Gamecube. MGS3 (Snake Eater, I think) is a new game, on the PS2, as far as I know. I've never played a MGS game, maybe I'll start when the Twin Snakes comes out.

Mak-X
09-29-2003, 05:37 PM
He means "Metal Gear" for the NES and MSX system, before "Metal Gear Solid" for Playstation was made.

Erasul
09-29-2003, 08:39 PM
That's what happens when you don't know anything about what you're takling about. :)

El Oso Verde
09-30-2003, 03:12 AM
Actually MGS3 takes place quite a while before Metal Gear 1. I know MGS3 is supposed to be in the 60's, and the original Metal Gear story took place in 1995.

Going "back to the origin" means they're going to focus on Big Boss. http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmbiggrin.gif

slayer6896
09-30-2003, 06:39 AM
umm it was confirmed quite awhile ago that you will only play as Solid Snake.

As for "back to the origin" it could mean they are going back to Outer Heaven, or it could be that they are going back to where everything started before Outer Heaven.

It could mean alot of things. Just wait for more offical details to be released.

El Oso Verde
09-30-2003, 02:10 PM
*sigh* did you people READ the article?

"Kojima confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 3 takes place in the 1960s"

"Showing the back of the E3 pamphlet, Kojima pointed out that using the lowercase letters on the design, you can spell "Big Boss." When asked if the main character is Solid Snake, Kojima did not give a direct answer. Instead, he said that the E3 trailer shows that the main character is missing an eye, and that he deliberately included a close-up scene to show it."

"Kojima also hinted that "Back to the origin" may apply in some way to Big Boss as well."

They're making it WAY too obvious that you play as Big Boss. Remember, Snake is a clone of Big Boss, so they look alike. Big Boss however, has ALWAYS had an eyepatch. And the main character in MGS3 is missing an eye. I don't think Solid Snake could just magically grow his eye back.... or not age at all from 1960-1995.

Pablo
09-30-2003, 04:56 PM
I never finished MG1, so I didn't know when the setting was. I was just idly speculating, thanks for setting me straight :)

njptoo86
09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
but you see both solid and liquid were clones of big boss and yhey look nothing alike

mike5000
09-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by njptoo86
but you see both solid and liquid were clones of big boss and yhey look nothing alike

If you played MGS1 liquid states that Solid got all the 'good' genes and liquid got leftovers...

~and yes after a month im back...

Dragon
10-01-2003, 12:56 PM
There was some pre-game footage with Metal Gear Solid that showed Snake getting briefed on the mission. In that footage, Snake looked just like Liquid, he changed his appearance so he wouldn't look like him. There is no way Solid Snake looked that young in the 60s, it would have to be Big Boss.

On the other hand, Hideo did do stupider things... like the story and main character of MGS2 and the stupid GBA solar piece of crap vampire game.