PDA

View Full Version : What kind of enemy does Ganon count as?

ShadowTiger
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
I've noticed a (slight to mild) increase in the number of ganon related queries. What is so special about ganon anyway? (That was a question, not a rhetorical.) Does he trigger events? Does he trigger secrets? When do those secrets trigger in his death? does he count as a fireball statue? Does he count as a boss creature, where if there's an event, it will kill Ganon?

KJAZZ
10-10-2003, 12:57 AM
Well, first of all, my apologies for replying to this topic a week or so after it, but no one answered the question and it's still on the first page. Anyway..

Ganon uses a Room Type, because when you enter, if it was dark, it is lit up, you hold up the triforce, his little sound effects play, and if you beat him, you can't fight him anymore in the quest. That is to say, if you put more than one Ganon room in your quest and you kill it, then the others vanish. (I think..)

I don't think he dies by the Kill all enemy flag, and the Dungeon Boss Flag probably won't work, because he is treated as a Room type, not an enemy.

Oh, and a while back, FCF somehow got Ganon to work as an enemy, so you can put him anywhere and not worry about anything. I believe he is treated as an enemy if you insert hijm like this, so the only thing is, the intro thing and death things don't happen (sfx, holding up triforce, lighting up room). He should also be affected by the screen flags that affect other enemies.

Anyway, if you want to snag it, you can get it below. I take no credit for this, FCF made it. You can copy and paste the Ganons, they are on Screen 77, the first screen. :)

http://www.brentdax.com/filespace/KJAZZ/ganons.qst

You might need to right click and save, I dunno. ;P

Oh, and if I might delete that someday, so get it while you can and put it on your own site, before I absentmindly delete it, and have to upload it again. ;P

ShadowTiger
10-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Ah, I appreciate it beyond words, KJAZZ. You have answered some pretty important questions, which will undoubtedly be used by the rest of the community. Thank you. ;)

Essentially, what I was planning on doing was to use Ganon as a regular boss, but a "prequel" to the final Ganon boss. (Note that this was in The Prophecy, Level 5.) You'de fight him, but he would never appear, so I wondered what the heck was happening.

And does he HAVE to be on a Dungeon Dmap, or can he appear on a Cave and overworld?

In Chris' quest, a mildly difficult quest back in 1.90, I faced off against a Ganon clone in a darkened overworld. I beat him, and nothing really happened. So I was wondering how you'de do this.

idontknow
10-10-2003, 01:50 PM
oh snap!! i tried that link & downloaded the quest & saw what ya meant! that's really cool how you could have multiple ganons. Also, i was able to open the quest file in zquest (version 182) and see the quest for myself & the enemies are actually inserted as enemies--when you go to "Data->enemies", it shows something like "-<ganon>-" in like a bunch of the enemy spots. HOWEVER: when i double click it & try to find ganon in the list of enemies, he is not there!!! that is sooo wierd! i'm wondering how the hell he got ganon to appear as a regular enemy!!!

KJAZZ
10-10-2003, 07:28 PM
I believe he used a .qsu to do this somehow, I have no idea how, but I don't care, you can now have 11 ganons in a room if you wish..;P (Including the Room type Ganon)

As for the Room type Ganon, BH4, It might only work on Dungeon 9, but I don't think so. It should work anywhere..

idontknow
10-11-2003, 05:25 PM
what's a ".qsu"? maybe this could lead to other things, like having people make their own custom enemies & adding them to their quest file in zquest themselves..that'd would be cool!!!

Nick
10-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
what's a ".qsu"? maybe this could lead to other things, like having people make their own custom enemies & adding them to their quest file in zquest themselves..that'd would be cool!!!

No. I think the enemies are read from ZC. The only thing I think quest files store is what enemies a screen will "request" or something. Ganon, being he is part of the ZC data... it's possible to call him up on the screen as an enemy. However... due to the fact he wasn't made that way... it's extremely buggy and strict (enter from sides must be set, ect). Due to that... he's not on the enemy list. That's my idea anyway... :shrug:

A .qsu is basically an unencoded quest file. It's just... a quest file that's uncompressed and it's rather easy for external programs to edit them (as I think that's why they were made aside from backup purposes).