PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Rock Experience

Beldaran
09-29-2003, 03:55 AM
If you guys encountered a kick ass rock band that was the ultimate rock experience, would you prefer that it had a normal band name, or was named after the leader of the band.

I.E. would you prefer:

Such and such a name

or

So and so person's name

or

The So and So Band

Starkist
09-29-2003, 04:11 AM
"The Ultimate Rock Experience" sounds like a nifty band name in and of itself. :)

Seriously though, the music is what matters.

Ich
09-29-2003, 08:50 AM
I prefer a band name that is witty and thought provoking.

carrot red
09-29-2003, 09:26 AM
What kind of a poll is that, Bel? How is one supposed to vote? I’m mean really, “so and so” and “such and such” have no ring at all. You should have provided us with names, any names, to choose from.
I’d go for a catchy band name and then if the singer/guitar player or whoever wants to go solo, he would use his own name once he’s known.

I agree with Starkist on one count. "The Ultimate Rock Experience" is a good name.

moocow
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
It doesn't really matter to me... honestly.

lol

Draconis
09-29-2003, 01:44 PM
To me it's the music that counts first... cause if the music sux then i won't like the band. To me the name of the band is just a name.

Pablo
09-29-2003, 03:52 PM
As long as I can't confuse the band name with one of their songs, I'm happy.

Goat
09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
I like when they use just one name. Liek metallica, or nirvana etc... I hate when a band is just named after the singer, and when they say what they are from, theyre always liek he played for the ozzy osbourne band, for example, I hate that. A good band needs to have a name taht can represent the whole band, Metallica isnt just James, theres also lars, and kurt, and the new guy who does that samurai shit, hes cool. Ozzy isnt just Ozzy, but hes the only one people will notice, like seriously who here has heard of Zakk Wylde? Most peopel havent, and he fucking rocks, hes teh guitarist for Ozzy for those who don't know, he also has his own band called teh Black Label Society. I dunno if I answered teh question or stayed on topic, I just kinda rambled on here. One thing I find funny is how the bassist for metallica, Jason Newsted, left and was replaced by the bassist from Ozzy, then I goto Ozzfest last month and who do I see playing bass for Ozzy? Jason Newsted! I find that funny.

Eckels
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Ususally, a band will care more about their name than a listener will. Lots of bands stress about picking the perfect name, thinking "Damn we gotta have a cool name, or else we'll suck!". The fact of the matter is that if the music is good, the name is just location coordinates (where to find it). Few people buy an album because the name of the band sounds cool. And realistically, those who do, are pretty stupid.

Btw, I think The Utimate Rock Experience sounds like a horrible name for a band. You'd be better off calling it "TURE" and letting people wonder what it means.

Dechipher
09-29-2003, 07:13 PM
I wub you goat. :drool: I've often pondered how Rob and Jason switching was ironic, and yes, I've heard of Zakk Wylde, though KIRK kicks his ass. Zakk overuses the fingertapping technique and Kirk is more creative.