PDA

View Full Version : Neck pain is teh s uck...

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2003, 11:46 AM
For the past two nights, whenever I would go to sleep, I had to have my head facing either 'normal' or to the right, and not to the left. Whenever I would do that, my neck would hurt a lot. The whole side of my neck just hurts a LOT. And now it does that even when I'm standing and stuff. I can't even bend my head down or back all the way without having it hurt, but moving it right doesn't hurt. Does anyone know why this is? Or what I could possibly do to make it stop hurting?

Ian
09-28-2003, 11:56 AM
I know how to make it stop hurting, stop moving it. Or get something to prevent you front moving it, like tieing a shirt hanger wire around a knife, and position it so if you move your head left, it pokes you . Just a little motivation :p.

If that doesn't work, and it persists for days, go to the doctor. Till then, Maybe get a neck brace or something (or make one yourself if you're bored)

cyberkitten
09-28-2003, 12:21 PM
i've had that happen before a few times. assuming you didn't injure it in any way, my doctor told me to just keep a heating pad on it and it would probably take a couple days to go away. sucky.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2003, 01:34 PM
I'll go for the heating pad. Wrapping hangers and knives around my neck would probably turn a few heads (pun not intended). Thanks Cyberkitten, I'll try the heating pad.

carrot red
09-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Right, I use the Bed Buddy too. It's a very handy solution, you either heat it in the Microwave or refrigerate it depending on the season.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2003, 06:12 PM
O_o Bed Buddy? Heating Pads are like, normal blankets with a special insulation thing on the inside, and you plug a cord into a normal outlet, and you can set how hot it will get, and then you just lay on it. No need for microwaving or freezing it...its all automatic. (I also use heating pads for whenever I get an ear infection).

Linkafier
09-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Ummmmm.......this happened to me not too long ago. My science teacher told me that before I go to bed, I should roll up a bath towel. Lie my head on the towel. and put a pillow underneath your knees. It really worked! No more pain! Cover yourself too.

carrot red
09-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
O_o Bed Buddy? Heating Pads are like, normal blankets with a special insulation thing on the inside, and you plug a cord into a normal outlet, and you can set how hot it will get, and then you just lay on it. No need for microwaving or freezing it...its all automatic. (I also use heating pads for whenever I get an ear infection).
Well, mine is a Bed Buddy Hot/Cold Pack. It's pillow-like thingy that needs no plug, you either put it in the Microwave or in the refrigerator. It's a thing I bought from Bed, Bath & Beyond for about $9.99. It's made by Atlantis Enterprises in Dallas. [email protected]