PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Sports Illustrated

Starkist
09-27-2003, 09:10 PM
After beating #3 Michigan last week, the Oregon Ducks were featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The curse struck again, this time in the form of the Washington State Cougars.

#21 WSU obliterated #10 Oregon 55-16 Saturday afternoon at Autzen Stadium in Oregon. UO quarterbacks had thrown no interceptions coming into today's game, against the Cougars they threw seven! This was also the most points ever scored against Oregon at Autzen.

Ah, another happy day for Washington football! The UW Huskies also beat the Stanford Cardinal 28-17. Both the Huskies and the Cougars are 4-1, 1-0 Pac-10, and both teams will be ranked in the top 20 after this.

No Seahawks to talk about this weekend, they have a bye. Any other college football fans? :)

carrot red
09-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah, a friend was bugging me about that earlier. I didn't mind.:) (I still think he'd make a good sports commentator if he sets his mind to it.)

Nope, I'm not a college football fan.

cyberkiller6276
09-27-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm only a pro football fan. I really should be a college footaball fan, because It's all about the marching bands. What can I say? I'm a band geek :shrug:

Starkist
09-28-2003, 01:46 AM
http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/i/media/ncf/2003/0927/photo/a_wazoo_ft.jpg

Source (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index)

Hope those two Cougar fans didn't get beat up after that shot! :)

Ganonator
09-28-2003, 02:29 AM
well, after last season and the front cover of that black cat, I thought it was going to be over. Scary that it has come back.

having played football myself back in the day, when the team you are playing gets a lot of publicity, its locker room fuel for your team. I would expect a magazine such as Sports Illustrated to be number one on that list of publicity. ( Or when the other coach states something like "oh, we don't even think there's a contest; this team is headed downhill", and our team kicks them 61-7 )

War Lord
09-28-2003, 02:53 AM
I'm more into pro ball than college, and nearly always have been.
Though my favorite college team is Ohio State, since I'm from Ohio.

My favorite pro team has been the Buccaneers for a while now. Got a lot of it from when I lived in Florida.

AlphaDawg
09-28-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm more of a Penn State football fan than a college football in general fan. But I haven't followed them that much this year. What's their record, anyway?

All I care for is that the Eagles are finally off the schnide. Woo-hoo!