PDA

View Full Version : where else can you download music...

idontknow
09-26-2003, 10:43 PM
from the internet for free, other than kazaa? like are there specific websites where i can go to download just a few songs? any recommendations? are the people getting caught for downloading music just that that are using programs such as kazza or limewire, or napster or whatever? or does it include people that download music from anwhere, including mp3.com? (which is not very good by the way) i wanta download just a few songs cuz i absolutely love them! but of course i don't wanta get in trouble and i don't wanna use kazza or any other downloaded application like that

good songs:
-Suga Suga--Frankie J/Baby Bash
-Amsterdam--Guster
-Numb--Linkin Park
-I'm Still Here--Vertical Horizon
-Boys of Summer--The Ataris
-The Young & The Hopeless--Good Charlotte
-Someday--Nickelback
-Hey Driver--Luck Boys Confusion

(those are the songs i'd like to download & mp3.com doesn't seem to have any of them

Paradox
09-26-2003, 10:57 PM
How about you look on your own and don't ask here?

cyberkiller6276
09-26-2003, 10:58 PM
There is no main source of FREE Mp3s on the internet. It just plainly doesn't exist. There would be too much traffic and nobody would be willing to pay for a good server and hand out free music.

As for kazaa, napster, WinMX, Limewire, you will not get nabbed for downloading songs through these programs. Since they all work the same way, they all run on the same "server" if you will. I'm not sure how this works, It just does. (ie, you can download music from people on kazaa if you are using limewire, and vice versa) The RIAA is after people who share music. They will be under threat. The reason for this is because once the RIAA gets rid of all the sharers, there will be nothing to download and all the remainig users who don't share will just plainly stop using the program. (Don't trust me on this. This is my well thought out theory)

I hope that sums up what you were asking.;)

Anywho, you wanna pay for your tunes? http://www.mp3downloadhq.com/

Ich
09-26-2003, 10:59 PM
DC++ is good, if you can understand it.

Kirby of Doom
09-26-2003, 11:15 PM
My suggestion is if you don't want to use Kazaa then go to google and do a search like name of song + mp3 + download
Not that you've got a good chance. It's hard to find illegal stuff on the web. ;)

J.J. Maxx
09-26-2003, 11:29 PM
I did some research, and apparently single songs can be found on compilation CD's called albums. Try www.amazon.com or www.cdnow.com :thumbsup:

MANDRAG GANON
09-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Yeah you might also want to note, if your using DC++ for 80% of the Hubs you need 10 + gigs of files your willing to share or else they kick you out...

Dechipher
09-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah, and isn't this illegal on AGN?

AlexMax
09-27-2003, 12:37 PM
From what I can tell, he's not asking for MP3's. He is ismply looking for means to get them.

like are there specific websites where i can go to download just a few songs?

However, he made the mistake of asking where to find site's with MP3's on them, and that is defeniatly not sound legal ground. I'm going to close this topic temporarily, just to be on the safe side. I'm asking other staff about this as we speak, and it might get re-opened. Until then...

- = TOPIC CLOSED = -