PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #8 Showdown

Ian
09-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Since we had two polls, I'm taking the winner from each, and putting them against each other. Good Luck C-Dawg, and Saffith!

*b*
09-26-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm voting for #1, whoever's that is. I like terra, simple as that :eyebrow:

Petoe
09-27-2003, 02:52 AM
FF6 is my fav game ever, so I just have to vote Terra.

Blonde799
09-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Off topic Ian, but........

Where the heck did you get that stupid mega man av? I can't stop laughing! :laughing:

Ian
09-27-2003, 10:11 AM
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~mmm/spritesinc/index.html

Click the 4th picture on the right and go to Rockman PSX Remakes 1-6 and it should bring you to a long page with loads of pictures. Near the bottom is some more of the cartoony Megaman. ;) The next best one is this:
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~mmm/spritesinc/sprites/remake/gallery17.gif

:D

Ganonator
09-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Whereas the first one my strike true in the hearts of those who made them, the second set is way more useful. It easily gets my vote.

lord_jamitossi
09-27-2003, 07:09 PM
ditto.
number 2 all the way.

Yoshiman
09-27-2003, 07:38 PM
TERRA! TERRA! TERRA! TERRA!

GO!

C-Dawg
09-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Before all you Final Fantasy fanatics jump on Terra, remember my entry is based on Cecil. He's a superior character from a superior Final Fantasy.

-C

ShadowTiger
09-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I would have gone with either. They're both good. :eyebrow: Like voting between loved children. Sheeesh. :sweat:

Besides, I got here too late, and cannot vote. So my vote stays a secret. :giggle:

Ian
09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
It was neck and neck for a while, but it looks like Saffith wins, congrats! They were both awsome entries, so they both deserve recognition.

I know I said I'm gonna give you all this week off, but since I have a bit more time now, I may just have the contest this week instead of next. I still haven't thought of a topic, so if you have any ideas you'd like to share, they are all welcome.

ShadowTiger
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Here? (Couldn't hurt. ;) ) I suggest:

1) Bow. (Large Only. People want to see the fancy stuff. Hell yeah. :D )
2) SUPER Bombs.
3) Wallets. (Won't be very popular, but considering all the popular stuff is gone...)
4) Wands, with their magic optional, I suppose.
5) Golden Arrows. (Which leaves us open for Fire, Ice, Golden, Light, Dark, etc. :D )
6) OOOH!!! That Inventory Selection Thing! THAT would REALLY add some good tiles to the database! :eek:
7) Bait. (Another one like the wallet. :sweat: ) But I think that we need more Bait in ZC. Remember, you CAN do things like the Relic Stone in it. ;)
8) Clothes for Link! :kawaii: That could be really cool, actually. Which brings me to:
9) Link Mod Tiles for the future. If you think of a good variation of Link, (i.e. Plate Mail armor, no hat, etc.) this would be awesome.

C-Dawg
09-29-2003, 12:03 PM
I lost to a resized tile? Ugh, where's the justice in this world...

-C

ShadowTiger
09-29-2003, 12:06 PM
I was actually going to vote for you, C, but the poll closed too quickly. Sheesh people. :odd:

Blonde799
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
I think landscapes are a good idea.:)

ShadowTiger
09-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Yes, because we all need more landscape tiles, but we also must consider that while we can always recolor item tiles for any set, as difficult as it may be sometimes, we must also consider that some landscape tiles may not fit in with the set that is being produced by the individual. Everyone has his/her own tastes while building a quest. Everyone needs a certain "level" of tiles in the quest, and some tiles, no matter what color, just would not "feel" like they would belong in a quest like that.

Besides, you can't use a fence as a sword, or put a hole in front of an octorock, and the hole would explode. That is what bombs are for, and the more bombs, swords, and assorted sprites we would have, the better.

You know what we really need? Civilian Sprites. Petoe has so many of them, but the rest of us don't quite. Let's consider that.

Petoe
09-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
I lost to a resized tile? Ugh, where's the justice in this world...

-C I have been wondering the same question. Why doesn't the best thing always win... :shrug:

World sucks!

You know what we really need? Civilian Sprites. Petoe has so many of them, but the rest of us don't quite. Let's consider that. Very good idea! :D
I have an amazing amount of people in the MM quest, and I'm making even more.

Ian
09-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Here? (Couldn't hurt. ;) ) I suggest:

1) Bow. (Large Only. People want to see the fancy stuff. Hell yeah. :D )
2) SUPER Bombs.
3) Wallets. (Won't be very popular, but considering all the popular stuff is gone...)
4) Wands, with their magic optional, I suppose.
5) Golden Arrows. (Which leaves us open for Fire, Ice, Golden, Light, Dark, etc. :D )
6) OOOH!!! That Inventory Selection Thing! THAT would REALLY add some good tiles to the database! :eek:
7) Bait. (Another one like the wallet. :sweat: ) But I think that we need more Bait in ZC. Remember, you CAN do things like the Relic Stone in it. ;)
8) Clothes for Link! :kawaii: That could be really cool, actually. Which brings me to:
9) Link Mod Tiles for the future. If you think of a good variation of Link, (i.e. Plate Mail armor, no hat, etc.) this would be awesome.

I'm copying this down for future use, thanks man! I think I'm going to use bait for the next contest. You can all get started on it now, but don't send it in until I make the thread (IF I'm up to it, I might start it tonight after my homework)

Also, for something new, if I just "happen" to make tiles of the topic for the current contest, instead of putting it in the poll, I'll just post it with the poll, so I can show off my l33t 5ki11z. :)