PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 DELAYED

cyberkiller6276
09-26-2003, 09:21 AM
In late July, Vivendi Universal Games said that Half-Life 2 would not ship on September 30, the release date Valve had announced at E3. Yet, in the days following VU Games' announcement, Valve unofficially told its fans that it would stick to the date. Valve has now admitted that the game will not ship next week. As for official word on Half-Life 2's release schedule, VU Games' Amy Farris backed up the developer's statement, saying, "I can confirm that Valve announced this week that Half-Life 2 will ship for the holiday season, rather than September 30th."http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/news_6075803.html

As this is no suprise to me as it was bound to be delayed, I was expecting the announcement be sooner, not 5 days from its praposed release date.

Radium
09-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Yeah I heard a few days ago. Really sucks, but I really don't care as it's only going to make the game better! :D If this has anything to do with a console port I'm gonna go balistic though. Lol :-P

ShadowTiger
09-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Wasn't Halo ported to the X-Box from the PC? I don't want something similar. :( It would have been too long...

Duke Nukem Forever, however, .... Heh: :D

cyberkiller6276
09-26-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure if "ported" is the right word, but yes, Half-life 2 will be coming to the Xbox with the same release date.

Paradox
09-26-2003, 03:26 PM
if you haven't seen the flash movies about the delay, they're pretty funny.

www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

The thing I don't like about the delay is the fact that Valve waited so long to tell us. They hadn't said anything about its release until around a week before it's scheduled date.

BTW, if you have anything to ask the creators, just email their president Gabe Newell - [email protected]
he's usually very good about answering fan mail.

edit: and I just noticed it's about time to change that third quote in my signature ;)

Radium
09-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Um I'm afraid you're mistaken about HL2 coming out on XBox and PC at the same time. Valve is working to get the PC version out before the PS2/X-Box versions.

Don't forget Delay Movie 2: Subpar Sequel (http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie2/)!!!