PDA

View Full Version : I need audio help.

AtmaWeapon
09-25-2003, 10:17 PM
My roomate listens to music as he sleeps. I don't particularly like the music he listens to, but it is OK with me because I sleep with earplugs in (people in our dorm make lots of racket until 1 or 2AM, so I just pop the earplugs in). However, it is hard for him to adjust the volume because some of his songs have loud solos in the middle, or they are at a higher volume than the rest of the songs. So, it will be at an acceptable volume one song, then all of a sudden I can hear it through my earplugs.

I have a similar problem, some of my mp3s are at a far lower volume than others. I would love for them to be either made louder or softer, just to make them equal.

All of his files are mp3s. I know there must be some program that goes through the process of equalizing the volume. Can someone explain to me how to do it?

cyberkiller6276
09-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, there are mixing programs out there for mp3s, but unless you wan't bare bones software, your gonna pay.

$$$?

Kirby of Doom
09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Or get a converting program and then also use sound recorder.

Gerudo
09-25-2003, 10:30 PM
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

look for the converter... it has an option to normalize the volume for all the mp3's... i use it... not for that purpose though... its free, so why not give it a try?

cyberkiller6276
09-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Kirby of Doom
...and then also use sound recorder.

If I'm not mistaken, Sound recorders output format is .wav and you can only record up to 60 seconds. No doubt Atma wants to keep it mp3 format.

vegeta1215
09-25-2003, 11:28 PM
There is a effect for guitar called a limiter that puts a limit on how loud the signal can reach. I'm sure they have similar effects for music players and stuff.