PDA

View Full Version : DDR Max2

Trunks
09-25-2003, 12:41 PM
well who else has played it?
and how do you like it?

i for one love the new style to the game and the new songs are awsome and it is much easier to unlock everything me and my friend did it within hours.

some of the best songs are:
Heaven - Dj sammy
Xenon - Mr. T
Ghosts - Tenth Planet
Dream a Dream - capitan jack

there are many more great songs on here to.

and non-stop mode is awsome! :thumbsup:

MANDRAG GANON
09-25-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm assuming this is the one for PS2. I haven't played it but I really want to get it. I've played DDREX. at the arcade millions of times and I know it has alot of DDR MAX2 songs on it. Those songs you mentioned I have played and and are great songs...except Ghosts I havent played that. I acctually think I'm going to wait for the Xbox DDR becasue you can make your own songs and play online apparently.

Trunks
09-25-2003, 03:16 PM
on the xbox you can't make your own songs but you can download something called song packs which will add new songs to the x-box.

Pablo
09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
I've got a friend who plays DDR religiously, he got MAX2 and won't shut up about it. To each his own, I suppose- I'm not a DDR fan.

AlexMax
09-25-2003, 11:03 PM
I got two copies of the game and pad bundle just so I would have two relatively rare Konami pads. They make the game that much more enjoyable.

And yes, this game kicks ass. Dirty Vegas, DJ Sammy, Captain Jack, Ian Van Dahl, The Crystal Method, Vinyl Baby, 4 Strings...this may be the best US exclusives yet. Plus nonstop mode rules (I suck too much at Oni to fully enjoy it), the cell shaded dancers kick ass and the beginer mode from DDR USA is finally back so newbies can take their shot at the game. Plenty of unlockables...

Best, US, release, ever.

Thunderbird
09-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Course it's not without it's glitches, of which seem to be plenty. Here are the ones I've found:

Kind Lady is listed as debuting in Konamix in Information Mode.
Almost and Boo have had their colors swapped.
I got my ass kicked on MaxX Unlimited Extra Stage (35510 score), yet Information Mode thinks I passed it :P.
Lovin You (and possibly others) has some videos that are off-center.

I should probably change my sig =P.

Master Asia
10-17-2003, 12:38 PM
I have yet to play DDR Max2 but I have played DDR Max. I thought that the game was very awesome. A good way to drench yourself in sweat if you play Max 300 on hard a few times.

Kry
10-19-2003, 11:12 AM
I like DDRMax but you can consider me to suck, I use a controler because it's my friends game and he broke the pad. My best songs are Black Forest and Duststorm, er.. Sandstorm. And Mandrag, where did you get the awsome Avatar? I want one.

Pablo
10-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
I've got a friend who plays DDR religiously, he got MAX2 and won't shut up about it. To each his own, I suppose- I'm not a DDR fan.

I just did a 180-degree turnaround. I bought the Mad Catz pad (it sucks, but meh) and MAX2 and I be in love :heart:

So far I like In The Navy, Get Down Tonight, and I Feel...; they're a lot of fun. I'm just afraid to stray outside Beginner's Mode. How can you hit more than 3 arrows at a time? O.O

AlexMax
10-20-2003, 05:39 PM
You don't. In DDR, it doesnt force you to do more than two arrows at a time. Pump it up on the other hand, sometimes forces you to hit all five at a time. Thank god this isn't pump...

But yeah, sometimes its crazy enough with only two arrows. (Last few measures of Afronova Maniac), and even one arrow (End of the Century Maniac's 8th note runs.)

But dude, why didn't you get the bundle? It's totally worth the extra money to have a konami pad, which doens't slip AT ALL.

Pablo
10-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
But dude, why didn't you get the bundle? It's totally worth the extra money to have a konami pad, which doens't slip AT ALL.

Couldn't find it at a real-life store, and I couldn't wait the time it'd take to ship it from a Net store. Besides, the MC pad isn't terrible...it slips a bit, but the fact that I'm playing on carpet helps.

BTW, what is modding and does it damage your pad?

AlexMax
10-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Not if you do it right. (http://www.ddrfreak.com/library/faqs-modding.php)

And on another note, DDR Ultramix for Xbox has gone gold. Woo hoo, I'll finally be able to play Colors (For Extreme) at home. Not to mention Castles in the Sky is going to be in it, which might make it worth purchasing on its own.

EDIT: Confirmed US exclusives are by...

Paul Oakenfold
Ian Van Dahl feat. Marsha
Who da Funk
Masai

TedHead
10-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey, MadCatz pads don't slip at all either!

...provided you duct tape them to the floor ;) haha, it's what I'm doing, and it's working fine!

Anyways, DDR MAX 2 is a thing of the past now... DDR Extreme came out in Japan! So much better... song count of over 200 I think.

And I got the whole mix with all it's steps for Stepmania! :D No modding required for me ;)