PDA

View Full Version : The logic (or lack thereof) of the left

Beldaran
09-25-2003, 02:26 AM
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-bake-sale-protest,0,5768770,print.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

All right, so these students are protesting affirmative action, specifically the court decision to allow universities to use race as a deciding factor when considering admissions. As a sign of protest, they held a bake sale where cookies cost $1 for white people, and less for other minorities. They were shut down, being accused of being racist.

Liberalism looks cozy on paper, but when you see it in it's purest form, it is really, really illogical.

carrot red
09-25-2003, 03:18 AM
Yeah, I already said it in another thread.
It is culture where blacks, Asians and hispanics are concerned; but when caucasians do it, it's racism.

slothman
09-25-2003, 04:19 AM
I don't like it. Discrimination in any form is bad. Reverse or forword.

AtmaWeapon
09-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Then you agree it was a good idea for them to protest affirmative action? They were only doing what the colleges do by law.

theplustwo
09-25-2003, 10:25 AM
it's kinda weird, because in a way it's now a disadvantage being a straight white male... businesses have to hire a certain amount of women and minorities, but there's a million white guys around, so it's very hard to get a good job.

"i'm all alone in my white boy pain, shake your booty while the band complains" - ben folds, rockin' the suburbs

J.J. Maxx
09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Yep, if you're a single white male, good luck getting anywhere in this world because there's always gonna be a poor 75 year old black female quadrapalegic vietnam war vet who can crap gold. Welcome to America. :thumbsup:

Starkist
09-25-2003, 12:20 PM
My cousin said that if he was black, he would have have cleaned out the cookies there. :tongue:

Ich
09-25-2003, 12:28 PM
"The group sold three cookies during its protest, raising $1.50."

I wonder what they're going to do with the money. I bet it was the people running the sale who bought the cookies, too.