PDA

View Full Version : Taleran Dark Rule Question

fajz
09-24-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm playing this quest and have a problem. In level 9 there is a room with a block puzzle in it on the far west side and 5 rooms up. How on earth do you solve this puzzle? Is there a bug or can it not be solved?

pauldoo
09-24-2003, 06:14 PM
some of us played this when it first came out an we all got stuck there

DarkFlameWolf
09-24-2003, 06:29 PM
hmmm, maybe I should play it and see that puzzle so I can get some ideas. :)

pauldoo
09-24-2003, 09:47 PM
It was a very good quest but the author never got back to us on a fix for that section, if you go back in time on the treads you will see what i mean

carrot red
09-25-2003, 03:27 AM
Nothing could be done about that, it's what you might call a *glitch*.
That was an excellent quest, btw.

DFW, it's not a puzzle. I think he forgot to activate anything in that room. I remember checking it out, fixing my version and finishing it.
If my memory serves me right, the same block lock occured in several rooms in the cave system beneath the desert too.

Retra
07-20-2013, 07:16 PM
That puzzle is broken. I believe it is fixed in the current version. Or at least, it was when I last went through it. For some reason, when I made these rooms, I just left off a critical flag here or there. I'm not proud of it. :\

Anyway, I'm really shocked that anybody remembers this quest. I made it over ten years ago. I didn't think anybody played it. The one place I uploaded it didn't appear to have it for very long, so I figured it had been shuffled out of existence.

EDIT: Oh, jeez, this thread is 10 years old. ... that's what I get for accidentally typing in the URL box instead of the search box. Funnily enough, this whole discussion isn't out of date at all. :[