PDA

View Full Version : [float] and [drop] tags

fatcatfan
09-24-2003, 10:56 AM
To serve my own nefarious purposes, I have added the custom vB code tag "float". It permits you to... well... float a section of text to the left or right of it's container, with the HTML < span style="float: {option}" >{param}< /span > Companion to the "float" tag is the "drop" flag. This drops the text which follows it to the space immediately below any floating elements, by inserting the HTML code < br clear="{param}" >. Param can be one of "left", "right", or "all" and will drop you below any floating elements on the indicated side(s). An example follows:

[ float=right ]this is some text
floating on the right
side of the page[ /float ][ float=left ]this
text
is
on
the
left
side
of
the
page[ /float ][ center ]this is in the center[ /center ][ drop ]right[ /drop ]and this falls just below the floating text on the right[ float=right ]also on the right[ /float ][ drop ]all[ /drop ][ center ]and this falls below all the rest[ /center ][ /code ]

this is some text
floating on the right
side of the pagethis
text
is
on
the
left
side
of
the
page
this is in the centerrightand this falls just below the floating text on the rightalso on the rightall
and this falls below all the rest

carrot red
09-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Nifty.:)
I was wondering how you managed to do that in your sig.

Breaker
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Shadowblazer would have made better. :evil:

Draconis
09-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I'll definately say that is a neat feature to say the least...

fatcatfan
09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Breaker
Shadowblazer would have made better. :evil:
Of course he would... especially considering he can actually *code* some stuff rather than use the admin CP... but he's not here so you have to be content with my poor substitute... :tongue:

Ganonator
10-03-2003, 08:03 PM
EDIT: should I be allowed to float stuff into my siggy? V
I'm just going
to screw around
with this to
see if it is
possible to get
columns right.Its actually a
very good idea.
I could put
screenshots in the
middle, also tooltips.Now if only one
of our great
admins would put
in a flash movie
player. :kawaii:

Raichu86
10-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Nifty. Thanks fatcatfan.

Watch all the
IE users complain
about how it
screws up for them! :p

fatcatfan
10-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Hrm... I hadn't considered that it might drop into your sig... that isn't nice. You should just be sure to add a [ drop ]all[ /drop ] at the end of your post.

Ganonator
10-04-2003, 05:16 PM
interesting...

the other behavior includes droping out of quote boxes. Although it would take a great deal of work from the PHP side, all should be added to the end of quote boxes as well as posts. I still love the affect.

fatcatfan
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I can't do any PHP coding. I don't have ftp access to the site, and I don't want it either. Maybe once Shadowblazer gets back from his honeymoon you can sweet talk him into doing something.