PDA

View Full Version : Fable

Starkist
09-21-2003, 05:19 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/fable/default.htm

Now Morrowind is one of my favourite games of all time, but this looks like it will be infinitely better. The level of detail is so amazing, from what I've read. Anyway, it's late and I'm too tired to talk, so just read the articles on the site. :tongue:

Blonde799
09-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Molyneux better make due on this. There's nothing worse than a broken promise.

The combat looked kinda monotonous(?) though.

slayer6896
09-21-2003, 10:29 AM
That page is somewhat out dated.
First off it is now scheduled to come out
Mid 04, possibly as late as early 05.

Also there were several things cut from the game because of time and console limitations, one of the main things being NPC's growing up and admiring/hating you is no longer part of the game. Also supposedly the killing of children was taken out, though that dont really matter. The ability to kill everyone in the game is no longer possible. There is alot more but I dont feel like typing.

Though I still plan on getting this game, even with all that has been removed it will still have a lot of potential.

eh well im bored of typing now so you can go find other sources, i personaly wouldnt trust xbox.com on stuff.

Blonde799
09-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Looks like his reputation shines yet again.:rolleyes: Although, I'm interested in the multiplayer.

Pablo
09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Wasn't this announced two, three years ago?

I doubt it will ever be released...at least, not for any of the current next-gen systems. Then again, I often end up eating my words, so I think I'll shut up and wait.

/me twiddles his thumbs, waiting for 2004 to come around

cyberkiller6276
09-21-2003, 02:57 PM
I'm not one for console RPG's, but this is an exception. I can't wait for this to come out, along with world of warcraft. I can't believe the amount of detail in this game:eek: They should make the screenshots bigger. I'm gonna look for bigger screens.

Starkist
09-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I agree with most everyone who has the "I'll believe it when I see it" mentality. I read some more about it after posting this early this morning, and it is a very ambitious project. If it can even live up to 75% of what's promised, it will still be a very entertaining game.

Blonde799
09-22-2003, 03:37 AM
Actually, I'd be pretty dissapointed if that much were in there, from his long list of "promises". I mean, you have a small reputation for over ambitious projects, and often delayed date projections. Next thing you know, Molyneux announces he'll have Fable developed for the Xbox 2.:rolleyes: If that, or another delay happens to occur, I'll probably be out of buying it, there are much larger projects with shorter release dates.

/me looks forward to RPG Maker 2.

cyberkiller6276
09-22-2003, 09:39 PM
From article
Intended to be the "greatest role-playing game of all time" according to Molyneux, Project Ego is certainly an ambitious game that looks to offer one of the freshest and most unique interpretations of an RPG to be seen in quite some time.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure it will deliver. Oh yes, it will. But I'm sure it will not be the greatest RPG of all time. Everybody knows Neverwinter Nights is :laughing:

Well, It's my favourite.