PDA

View Full Version : What's the Point in Wishing?

Starkist
09-21-2003, 01:44 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ch/1992/ch920920.gif

This is one of my favourite strips. It's one thing to set goals yourself, but you must also keep them realistic, and be content with what you have.

Master Ghaleon
09-21-2003, 02:13 AM
hehe :) Your exactly right Starkist.

carrot red
09-21-2003, 06:13 PM
True.
But wishes are also meant to be wild, that's why they're called wishes.

cyberkiller6276
09-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Heh...Good point carrot. there is a big difference between wishing and goal setting. I also like the strip where calvin dresses up as a smowman and tries to make it snow. That's dreaming.

Mitsukara
09-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, that's a good point...

I tend to be more one of those people that is surrounded with sandwhiches, but really craves a good so-so pizza- not top-of-the-line pizzas, just good ones; more like CiCi's and less like some big expensive italian restraunt, or even Pizza Hut- and there's this one great pizza place place that opens up and you know if you could just get there, you could afford to eat all you want, but one thing and another keeps preventing you from getting there, and then the place goes out of business. Then, once you finally resign to having a sandwhich, you find out everyone else already ate all the bread. Tried to set your goals low enough that you knew you could reach them pretty easily, but still be happy, but never had a chance until it was no longer possible.

Yoshiman
09-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
I also like the strip where calvin dresses up as a smowman and tries to make it snow.

You mean that doesn't work?

*Yoshi's dreams are crushed*

I've seen that strip before. I have a book that has that one. I think it's called "There's Treasure Everywhere".