PDA

View Full Version : A Tekken character gets their own game?!

Blonde799
09-20-2003, 10:30 PM
http://www.namco.co.jp/cs/ps2/nina/

Well, at least it was Nina. I couldn't stand to look at Jin's ass for very long.:laughing:

For those that are too lazy to look for the screens link, this is basically a game where Nina can use her moves(from Tekken most likely), and other weapons, like guns and such, to kill her foes, and you use two analog sticks to control her. Can't wait.:p

Fiyerstorm
09-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Sounds awesome..but for what system(s)?

Blonde799
09-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, since it's a Tekken character, probably for the PS2.

Saffith
09-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Yeah, it says it's for PS2.
From what I can make out of the story, there seem to be a lot of boats involved. Some organization that smuggles weapons by boat had one of their researchers create a weapon, but they treated him badly, so he sold it to countries that support terrorism. One of those is using it to threaten a luxury liner, where some "dark fighting tournament" is being held. And it seems Nina has to participate in order to board the ship and investigate the smuggling organization. Though it sounds like the tournament might end before the game even starts, or more likely is just an introduction.
Well, I probably got a lot of that wrong. I still have to look up most of the kanji. But that's some idea of it, anyway.

stormwatcheagle
09-21-2003, 01:27 AM
On a somewhat related subject, is the Yoshimitsu in Soul Caliber the same one from Tekken? I would imagine so, as Temco likes to bring back popular charachters in other lines.

mikeron
09-21-2003, 10:40 AM
Of all the characters...

Blonde799
09-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Meh, I would've chosen her. She looks hot in those screens.:D

AlexMax
09-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Ugh. Why Tekken? There are so many better fighting games to make spin offs from, and some shitty PS2 fighter gets all the attention.

First Heiachi in SC2 and now this?

Jesus...

Fiyerstorm
09-22-2003, 07:49 AM
I think it looks great, martial arts and the use of weapons!

Nina Williams is my fav. girl Tekken character too.

I wonder if any other Tekken characters will be in it too..

Another thing, in the Tekken anime movie (which I have ob VHS), Nina is a hired hitman...er..woman. I wonder how she got into 'law enforcement' now. :o

Gerudo
09-22-2003, 01:14 PM
i think it'd be good to make a spin-off of either Heihachi or King... :shrug:

Blonde799
09-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Heihachi has had enough spotlight with that pac man party crap. He should've been dead a long time ago too.:p

King
09-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Sounds like Namco's version of MK: Special Forces... :laughing:

Just kidding. I don't have much interest in Tekken or its spin-offs, though.

Blonde799
09-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by King
Sounds like Namco's version of MK: Special Forces... :laughing:

Yeah, but Namco's doing it right.:D

AtmaWeapon
09-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799

Yeah, but Namco's doing it right.:D

Right... :rolleyes:

Let's see the actual game before we start calling it good.

Blonde799
09-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Heh, ok then.:p First the character. Score one for the N!:D Hopefully the game is good.

DarkPanther
09-24-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Why Tekken?
If you played Tekken, you'd have seen this coming since 4 came out. Tekken Force has had 2 installments as a console extra, and the last one was actually pretty damn fun. If they improved on it any, I think it'll be a really fun/decent game.

Unfortunately, Nina and Anna were always my very least favorite in the series. I'd only use them to humiliate people, but I'd use Kuma or Panda over either of them usually. ;p

She looks like a friggin' dominatrix in that header, but the screens look pretty nice. That's a.... big ass sword she's got.

At any rate, I'm interested. Kinda wish some other characters would be optional, but I would not count on it since Anna's is the only story that intersects in the arcade story lines.

J.J. Maxx
09-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
On a somewhat related subject, is the Yoshimitsu in Soul Caliber the same one from Tekken? I would imagine so, as Temco likes to bring back popular charachters in other lines.

Yes.

DarkPanther
09-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Temco likes to bring back popular charachters in other lines.

And it's Namco, you DOA freak. ;p

bigjoe
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
There should be a helicopter simulator where you play as Yoshimitsu =O

WarOmnimon
09-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
i think it'd be good to make a spin-off of either Heihachi or King... :shrug:

Don't know how Heihachi's spin-off would work. Maybe a business simulation or something, as Heihachi is the head of a financial empire.

As for King getting a spin-off, unlikely. Maybe he'll appear in a wrestling game if Namco makes one, but other than that I don't see how.

Kind of a plot hole there, so it's kind of open to discussion. I personally believe that the Yoshimitsu in Tekken isn't the first, and the one in Soul Calibur IS the first.