PDA

View Full Version : A Smile A Day...

carrot red
09-20-2003, 09:25 PM
What Made You Smile Today?

There was nothing in particular, but I woke up smiling today.

I had nothing planned, but I got to spend most of the day with a couple of dear friends I haven't seen in a while.
Then I got to talk on line with a friend for the first time. That really made my day.
I’m still smiling.

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-001.gif

How about you?

Starkist
09-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Today I got to talk to an old friend that I hadn't heard from in a while. :)

Master Ghaleon
09-20-2003, 09:28 PM
After waking up for nothing, I was thinking about someone the whole day that made me smile :)

cyberkiller6276
09-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, I Went to see Matchstick Men tonight (great movie BTW) with my three closest friends. That was fun. It put a smile on my face. One thing that got me down though was that I wanted to see Underworld but it was sold out....But I'm still smilin'!!!

MANDRAG GANON
09-20-2003, 10:46 PM
SMILE!? HA! Such a thing hasn't happened in ages I'm surprised I rememeber what it is! HAPPY HAPPY :D yeah right. No one cares if I were to be happy, no one cares if I smile, no one cares period. Smile? Today? Never, I wouldn't be surprised if I never smile again in my life.

Paradox
09-21-2003, 12:45 AM
It was my birthday and I got presents (ok, so it was really an hour ago "yesterday"...)

Prrkitty
09-21-2003, 01:33 AM
My father is visiting for the weekend and Paul and I took him to the Oregon Coast (over thru Lincoln City and down to Depot Bay... for the Sea Hag's Clam Chowder). The day was sunny and absolutely beautiful. The ocean and waves always have a calming soothing affect over me. :)

Pablo
09-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Haven't smiled all day...I got cussed out for having a dirty room (what the hell? Can't my parents find something more important to swear about?), then I got dumped. By the same girl who had, just a few days earlier, informed me that she could not attend homecoming.

So yeah, today kinda sucked. Maybe I'll smile tomorrow.

carrot red
09-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
SMILE!? HA! Such a thing hasn't happened in ages I'm surprised I rememeber what it is! HAPPY HAPPY :D yeah right. No one cares if I were to be happy, no one cares if I smile, no one cares period. Smile? Today? Never, I wouldn't be surprised if I never smile again in my life.
Not to sound preaching, or anything, MANDRAG GANON, but smiling is a predisposition, it has nothing to do with total happiness, nor laughing.

For instance, I smile when I read most of Starkist’s threads (the not serious ones.).
I smile when I read some replies I expected, or something I didn’t expect at all.
I smiled when I watched my niece try to take her first steps. She’d fall and get up and try again until she did it right. And she clapped when she succeeded at last.
I smile when I see a couple walking hand in hand.
I sometimes smile at people in the street and say hello to total strangers and you’d be amazed at their reaction. (True, I don't do that very often, but still.)

I also realized that when I smile for no reason at all, it opens me up to all the good things and at the end of the day, I end up having a real reason to smile.

Just like yesterday in the early evening, I thought my day was done and I was to spend a regular evening; and out of the blue, (well, not really), came the friend on-line that I haven’t really talked to for more than 3 months and that I really really missed. (A friend I had never chatted with before.)

I don’t know if any of this makes sense, but it does to me anyway and that’s what will keep me smiling even when not everything is rosy.

Originally posted by Paradox
It was my birthday and I got presents (ok, so it was really an hour ago "yesterday"...)
Happy belated B-Day.:)

MANDRAG GANON
09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
I literally cannot smile anymore, my face muscle spasms and doesnt stop. Closest I can get to a smile is like....a very weak version of this :) also nothing like that ever happens to make me smile carrot red. If I see 2 people holding hands I feel terrible. One thing than made me almost smile, I got to see this girl I really liked today...almost smile casue she prolly thinks im insane.

carrot red
09-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Why would she think that? It's all in your head.
Stand in front of a mirror and practice, MG. I'm sure smiling is an art you'd end up mastering.:)

deathbyhokie
09-22-2003, 12:54 PM
i'm smiling because i get to go home at 2:30 and get paid as if i were here till 4

moocow
09-22-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm smiling because I was supposed to be in to work at 8:30 this morning, but it turns out I don't have to go in until Wednesday :)

Honestly though, that just makes me happy, I'm not quite smiling yet, haven't been awake long enough to do all that. lol

fatcatfan
09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm smiling because my wife finally got home from her conference, because I got to chat with my daughter today, and because it is so FALLish around here.

ShadowTiger
09-22-2003, 03:18 PM
I've been smiling all day. No reason. I just like to smile. :) Smiling is great though, because it's harder to stop smiling than to start frowning. (I honestly don't think I've ever frowned in my life. I just can't feel it, you know? )

Besides, I just found a form of courage that I've never had before. I, ... took a cold shower last night. You know when you first turn on the water, and you have to wait for it to warm up? Well, I was tired of that, and I wanted to see how much I could endure. I simply walked forward, ignoring the cold. Yes, I literally ignored the cold. And then I completed my shower, without a problem. It was, without a doubt, one of the greatest things that I had done all year. And I'll be damned, I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I had the courage to take a cold shower, which is definitely not something that mere mortals would ever dare do. And I would do it again. It gives you a certain amount of personal pride, that you can do anything. How's THAT for making you smile. ;)

The Desperado
09-23-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm smiling cause I got to see my best friend today. I havent been able to see him alot lately.