PDA

View Full Version : I drew something, if anyone might be interested...

Mitsukara
09-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Wow, and it's only been a month and a fourth since my last one! Amazing. ^.^'

So, uh, anyway, after toying around with ideas in my head for all that time and never drawing a single thing, I finally just sat down a week ago and produced this... drew it on paper, scanned it, worked on it, colored it... of course, I had to work around schoolwork, or I probably wouldn't have taken quite so long, but anyway...

*insert an actual statement here* (http://www.angelfire.com/folk/spacelazers/writergirl.gif)

Anyway, that might have a popup, since I am using Angelfire and all... anyway, and opinions/suggestions/questions/etc. would be welcomed. :) Please feel free to speak honestly about what you think, don't worry about offending me.

BebyGoku
09-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Heh thats pretty cool. I cant draw, well unless you include stick figures.

Prrkitty
09-20-2003, 12:55 AM
WOW!!! Nice work Jennifer. Your artistic side is really showing thru. There's just enough detail to not be overly overwhelmed with what you're looking at (sorry if that statement is confusing.. but didn't know how to word it different).

Master Ghaleon
09-20-2003, 01:00 AM
thats pretty good drawling Jen. I cant draw worth crap. Is that what you wanna look like?

Mitsukara
09-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Well, thank you :) It feels really good to know that someone likes my work.

Um.... that's not precisely what I want to look like, but pretty close, really... I wouldn't mind looking kind of like that, certainly. My hair is brown, though, and I like my natural hair color, but other than that... sorta, I guess. I didn't really set out to draw that specifically, I just sort of... started drawing, and that's how it came out. It was kind of spur-of-the-moment.

Anyway, thank you very much. :)

moocow
09-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Awww! She's so cute!

I like it, great job Jenn :)

cyberkiller6276
09-20-2003, 03:51 PM
I like it. Especially since I can't draw for the life of me. The only piece of atrwork I did was one of the characters from Golden Sun: Ivan. It turned out pretty good.

Constructive critism from a person who has no knowledge of drawing:
It lacks color. The sketching is good, but you should work on getting a broader pallete. Other than that, It's good :kawaii:

Pablo
09-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Nice job, Jennifer. You have a very nice and distinctive style.

The shoes look odd to me, somehow...I dunno.

It lacks color.
What do you mean? It looks perfectly colored. Perhaps you could explain?

Mitsukara
09-20-2003, 06:51 PM
I think cyberkiller means it looks kind of plain and unshaded... sort of "cell shaded", in a way. That would be a pretty accurate statement; I don't shade stuff very much a lot of the time. I don't know why, I just don't have the patience to sit down and do that part, and even when I do I'm not usually pleased with it... so generally, I use very solid colors, and only use shading when it seems neccesary (like with skin and stuff). Probably makes it look kinda unprofessional... but oh well... *shrugs*

Constructive criticism can be very helpful sometimes, so thank you.

Oh, and by the way... do you mean the boots look odd in general, or around the tops? I did think they looked a little... ellipsed, around the top edges... but if you just meant the boot in general, then, well... I like big, pointy boots:P (I really like the way they draw Rockman/MegaMan's boots, in the artwork for the more recent games, like 7)

carrot red
09-20-2003, 07:13 PM
I like it a lot. She looks just like you too.
Ever considered making cartoons?