PDA

View Full Version : *Ahem* Critial Update Alert(EVERYONE read this)

Aegis Runestone
09-19-2003, 11:24 PM
I was just casully checking Windows Update and guess what I found!

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a computer running Microsoft® Windows® and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer

Just giving a "Heads-up" to prevent another "Blaster" worm from happening again. :)

Daarkseid
09-19-2003, 11:36 PM
On all of the rare occasions that I've bothered to read up on the reasons they give for sending out updates(I use XP which regularly checks for updates for me), nearly all of them listed the same security issue that would allow someone to take control of your system.

Aegis Runestone
09-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Ah, well... that's still not a reason you shouldn't download them, eh? :)

slothman
09-20-2003, 02:24 AM
What version of Windows (r) and is it blocked by virus scanners or firewalls or not using I.E.?

mikeron
09-20-2003, 10:12 AM
"A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a computer running Microsoft® Windows® and gain complete control over it."

What's so special about that?

Note: I fixed this days ago. :p

vegeta1215
09-21-2003, 05:19 PM
There's also a new worm called Swen or something that's going around posing to be a Microsoft Windows update, so be careful.