PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for my zelda classic board

zeldafan28017
09-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Im thinking about creating this message board, each of the quests wil have its on board with the creator of that quest being mod of the board. Links to quests will be provided.

I need a count of how many people would be intersted in this

DeathLink
09-18-2003, 10:05 PM
not to burst your bubble or anything. but i wouldnt do that. i mean you could try, but there are so many ZC boards, and only 3 of them get credit (PureZC, ZCNetwork, AGN), and i doubt that that forum would beable to get off the ground. but you could try. have a few things there that arnt provided anywhere else or something like that

Demimore
09-19-2003, 02:47 AM
I don't usually go to small boards. Or trust them. They tend to dissapear, you know. So that might not be a good idea. And as far as I know, most newcomers here have their own ZC board with like 3 members in each. None of them are worth visiting.
No offence, children.

Sephiroth
09-19-2003, 10:12 AM
I had started a ZC board and I have 20 members now..

Knil
09-19-2003, 10:32 AM
make it 21, snort. im in.

Sephiroth
09-19-2003, 10:48 AM
hehe.. thanks.. :p

zeldafan28017
09-19-2003, 02:51 PM
http://zeldaclassic2.proboards21.com/

If you want your quest added, let me know. I will make you a mod of the board. Give me a link to your quest.

Let me know how the board looks, colors and everything.

Demimore
09-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Snort_2000
I had started a ZC board and I have 20 members now..

Ooo.... Impressive.

That's why I don't go there....

ShadowTiger
09-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Gyarg... why does everyone want to start a ZC board? If you want to branch out the ZC community, potentially divide its members, then you may as well post a link back to the home site. I mean, when the American colonies were first formed, wasn't Britain the one to send them out? It wasn't until Britain started treating them very badly (We're learning that now in Government Class. :D ) did they make their escape and sever the ties. So why are you skipping a step here?

C-Dawg
09-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Treating them badly? Pheh.

At the time immediately prior to the revolution:

Americans had higher average standard of living than any other nation, once you take into account the poverty-striken masses rotting in the streets of Europe.

Americans suffered less government oversight than any other nation in the world. They flouted British regulations and legal mechanisms with impunity and were seldom punished.

The average life expectancy in America was longer than any other nation in the world.

And that's just for starters. Fact of the matter is that America was a god damn GREAT place to be at the time of the revolution. True, you weren't going to achieve the sort of material wealth you might if you were a British lord or company owner, but you had a better life than basically anyone else.

The Revolution was the last great gasp of humanism, a jurisprudential idea started in the streets of Florence. It was responsible for ideas of education that spread across Europe in the 1600 and 1700s. The ideas of natural rights, civic virtue and the resulting demand for democracy meant that the only problem the colonists had with the British was PHILOSOPHICAL. The Stamp Act was HARDLY crushing anyone's business.

That's an amazing thing, when you think about it. Some merchants in Boston managed to convince everyone that, based purely on their peculiar ideas of human rights and democracy, they had to lay down their lives. Very impressive; that sort of thing usually only works when you're organizing people around hatred or racism. Our revolution organized around civic virtue. Inspiring, in it's way. Would you go out and kill your parents if they demanded that you pay them 1% of your paychecks every month and only occasionally forced you to?

-C

ShadowTiger
09-23-2003, 07:23 AM
So you're saying that the Americans didn't even want to sign the Declaration of Independence and form their own country Constitution? Strange goings on in that parallel dimension of thine.