PDA

View Full Version : Marvel rips off of Evangelion?

stormwatcheagle
09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Apparently in an issue of Mystique, a side story of the X-Men comic series, there's a Sentinel that looks close to identical to the Unit 02 Evangelion. Let's compare...
Sentinel
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/post-26-1063409617.jpg

Evangelion Unit 02
http://purlace.net/eva/evas/eva2-02.jpg

They look pretty much the same. Not to mention, Marvel's version looks noting like a sentinel, either. I think it's kinda sad that they couldn't come up with a better design.

cyberkiller6276
09-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Heh....your right. Either that or I'm way too tired to argue:sleep:

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm sure that Evangelion was the first series to ever feature a red, humanoid robot. ;)

Pablo
09-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Whoop-dee-doo.

They do not look alike to me...there's only a passing resemblance.

deathofspam
09-18-2003, 06:01 PM
And not all sentinals look like the classic bug pink and purple bots we have all grown to love. There have been several non standard builds of sentinals, for instance Nimrod

LoganHowlett
09-18-2003, 06:14 PM
well, that's completely idiotic and I want to know who's idea that was, why go that far off course from mainstream marvel sentinels, and without good cause even in the story, sheesh, grr, mavel, I'm not mad (at least not as mad) about them copyin' the Evangelion as I am actin' all stupid about the Sentinel design like that

Goat
09-18-2003, 06:17 PM
They look nothing alike, the 2nd for instance, has 2 guns, the 1st, has no gun at all. The 2nd is obviously 3d while the first is only 2d. And the 2nd has sharper colors!! No sir, no match!!

Master Ghaleon
09-18-2003, 06:57 PM
I say that they are different in many ways.

Vagla
09-18-2003, 07:17 PM
The head looks like a ripoff of Eva 01, whereas the rest of the body looks like a ripoff of Eva 02. I highly doubt that this is coincidence, since they're just so damn similar.

It would be a lot more believeable if the head and mid section didn't look nearly identical to Eva heads and midsections. At very first glance, the first picture looked like an Eva to me, honestly.

And judging by most of the replies in this thread, there are few NGE fans here. That might account for why the general consensus is apparently that this is not a ripoff of the Evangelions.

MANDRAG GANON
09-18-2003, 07:21 PM
I agree they do look somewhat alike...another thing that came to my mind was samus...kinda looks like samus x.x. The resemblance could be completely by coincidence....although I doubt it :\

Master Ghaleon
09-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Vagla
And judging by most of the replies in this thread, there are few NGE fans here. That might account for why the general consensus is apparently that this is not a ripoff of the Evangelions.

True, but to compare those pics, It doesnt really look like the other

LoganHowlett
09-18-2003, 08:40 PM
there's a reason the sentinel is only 2D, it's Marvel: they're comics, marvel doesn't really do 3D, the sentinel's drawn comic style, and I do see alot of similarities, take away the guns and account for the change in style (huge marvel fan if ya counldn't tell, but I've barely even heard of Evangelion...)

Saffith
09-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, there are certainly similarities. Their midsections and legs are similar, as are the shoulder fins. The sentinel's head, especially the mouth and eyes, is also very EVA-like.

Drunken Tiger
09-19-2003, 10:13 AM
What about that old ass game on Gameboy... Samus or something.. Cant quite remember the name.. I think its something like that.. The whole game you just run around killing things..

They all look the same to me.... :shrug:

Dart Zaidyer
09-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I think it's a scarier coincidence that it has the exact color scheme of Samus Aran in that shot.

Blonde799
09-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Hey, you're kinda right....:p

And who says comics are original?:laughing:

Slider Zero
10-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
What about that old ass game on Gameboy... Samus or something.. Cant quite remember the name.. I think its something like that.. The whole game you just run around killing things..

They all look the same to me.... :shrug:

Thought I might point this out... Samus Aran is one of the Coolest VG chars ever, and the main char of the Metroid series.

the game you were referring to was probably Metroid 2.

fatcatfan
10-08-2003, 02:26 PM
I think your sarcasm detector and your hint sensor (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&goto=newpost&threadid=75885) are malfunctioning.

TheGeepster
10-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Eh, they have a passing resemblance, but they're different enough that it might be coincidence. Interesting that the Sentinel has a similar color combo as Samus Aran's pre-upgrade armor.