PDA

View Full Version : All you need to know about the Phantom console...

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2003, 10:15 AM
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy

Heh. Burn baby burn.

Blonde799
09-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Damn. That's one bad history. This also explains the online only unveiling. I wonder if the same thing will happen again?

AlexMax
09-18-2003, 10:43 AM
hopefully, nobody got scammed by this con artist...

DarkPanther
09-18-2003, 11:09 AM
I read that this morning, linked from Penny Arcade.

...and who could've gotten scammed so far? They haven't done any orders yet. :p

El Oso Verde
09-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
I read that this morning, linked from Penny Arcade.

...and who could've gotten scammed so far? They haven't done any orders yet. :p

If any companies were dumb enough to invest in them. That would really suck.

Then again it's their own damn fault for not doing a background check on their investments.

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2003, 01:39 PM
RTFA

So far, according to the article, Infinium Labs has generated $25 million in venture capital. It would seem there truly is a sucker born every minute.

Pablo
09-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Heh. I knew it was too good to be true.

The details were always too hazy for me to believe it, but then again, it would have been soooooo cool...

I wanted one :(

Cloral
09-19-2003, 01:49 AM
All you ever really had to do was look at the specs, and realize that such a consone if built would cost about $1000. Nobody would buy a console that cost that much.

Besides, you don't need a 3GHz processor to play good games. These days, most of the heavy work is done in the realm of graphics. So all you really need is a kick-ass graphics card. Consoles generally have what would seem to be a very slow CPU by today's standards, but can handle most games perfectly well. This shows that this guy has no f-ing clue what he was talking about. What's sad is that so many people actually believed it.

gdorf
09-19-2003, 10:30 PM
It goes to show that a well laid-out scam can make just as much if not more money than a true business endeaver.

I hope no one falls for this. :(