PDA

View Full Version : Going for the Gold

Tsukuru
09-17-2003, 09:12 PM
How many people here are athletic or participate in sports?

I run Track and Cross Country at my high school. Running is about the only thing I can do well when it comes to sports, at least in comparison to throwing a football or passing around a basketball. I'm not that amazing of a runner, but getting there.

Master Ghaleon
09-17-2003, 09:18 PM
I play on a organized football team. I love to play baseball, softball, basketball, Ice hockey and golf even though I suck at it :)

linkofzelda1
09-17-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't do sports. I always seem to screw something up, lol. I always run to the wrong side of the field or something. So that's why I am on AGN, gaining mass amounts of weight by sitting in this chair all day and setting myself up perfectly for carpal tunnel. :D

Mitsukara
09-17-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't really participate in any sports... actually, my health isn't really that fantastic (I don't think I have any major problems, but I excersize very little and don't eat all that healthily... I'm not fat, or anything, at least not yet...), so I would probably be quite miserable if I tried to partake in any.

However, for some reason tennis seems interesting to me, and I might like to try playing it with someone sometime (someone who wasn't a professional, of course). I'd probably pass out after about 20 minutes at best, though.

I used to be able to run fairly fast, but I haven't in a while so I don't know if I still could... not for all that long, of course, even then I tired out after about 4 minutes of running as fast as I could... I think it mostly comes from having long legs (and being tall in general).

linkofzelda1
09-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Running for 4 minutes as fast as you can is something to brag about, Jennifer :)

Mitsukara
09-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Actually, I think it was more like 3... or maybe 2.... probably... it might've been a little less than 2....

*coughs*

Dechipher
09-17-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm in band. Percussion. It's like a sport in itself. We have competitions, rigorous schedules and directors, and a team.

gameguy032
09-17-2003, 09:55 PM
I was wondering if you had posted the band thing yet. Anything that marches has some of the hardest practice schedules with some of the least amount of rest in between. Chances are, if you say marching isn't a sport, try it yourself. It's harder than most of the "real" sports. We practice more than our #1-in-state ranked football team.

Dechipher
09-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Not to mention percussionists. We carry a shitload on our necks, with the least amount of rest, not to mention more practices, harder visual, and harder music. You trumpets got it easy :P

Basically, in rank of toughness:

Percussion
Band
Sports

gameguy032
09-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I couldn't really agree with you more Dechy. (that's a name I haven't seen in a while) And I don't know how you remember I played trumpet. But I can't help but notice that percussionists not only carry drums on their shoulders, but the side-walking they do can't be that easy to do.

CoolestNameEver
09-17-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm not athletic at all. It's a shame because I really do enjoy physical activity. I have been trying to do more stuff recently, though.

carrot red
09-18-2003, 02:56 AM
I play soccer, but I'm not in any team for the moment.

Master Ghaleon
09-18-2003, 03:39 PM
I never considered playing an instrument being a sport. If thats considered a sport, then me standing on my head is a sport

Yoshiman
09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
I played soccer in 7th and 8th grade. I don't really play any sports, except for Zelda Classic and Shattered Earth :D

Pablo
09-18-2003, 05:39 PM
I ride freestyle BMX (bicycle motocross), but unfortunately I'm not very good...but I'm progressing.

I dislike organized sports.

linkofzelda1
09-18-2003, 10:23 PM
I never thought of instruments, either. I guess I'm sort of musically gifted. Maybe. Sorta. :rolleyes:

I play Bass in the school band, lead guitar in my band, drums, and piano. There is a difference in being able to play an instrument and playing it well. :) I'm by far the best at guitar.

MANDRAG GANON
09-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Used to play hockey till I got to old to play in house league, I used to do karate, wil prolly be going back to it. I play all kinds of sports with my friends...Everywhere from soccer and football to Italian Lawn Bowling (which I forgot the name of)

Drunken Tiger
09-19-2003, 10:09 AM
I play basketball, rugby, baseball, badminton, tennis and table tennis......

If im not on the computer im most likely out playing some sort of sport... :)