PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast

stormwatcheagle
09-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I was thinking, why didn't Sega make the Dreamcast play Sega CD and Saturn games as well? It would have made the system a lot more appealing to the market. I had always thought that they did make the Dreamcast backwards compatible with the Saturn, but I have heard otherwise and have never tried it myself. Not that i don't love my Dreamcast, but it's getting hard to find the games these days.

Master Ghaleon
09-17-2003, 07:38 PM
OMG!! If they actually would of done that, then the Dreamcast would of been like the best console ever!! Saturn had some pretty good games just like Sega CD. The Dreamcast kinda died too quickly I thought.

linkofzelda1
09-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Dreamcast was a great system. I wish it hadn't died.

I agree with you. They should have done that. If they had, they would still be their own company.

MottZilla
09-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Backwards compatability with Sega Saturn would have rocked. Esspecially for the games that used the ram exspansion like Metal Slug, Marvel Vs. Street Fighter, etc.

Sadly though, DC wasn't. While DC was short lived it was still an awesome system while it lasted, and itsnot entirely dead. Emulation and freeware games and ports have been in action on DC. Such as Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Quake.

I would definitly recommend NesterDC to anyone with a DC as the NES emulation is superb!

njptoo86
09-19-2003, 08:02 PM
you can listen to the music of sega saturn disks on the dreamcast

MottZilla
09-19-2003, 08:27 PM
You can listen to cd audio on any cd player. :O And even then not all Sega Saturn musci was standard cdda, later they were made more efficant in games like megaman x4.

njptoo86
09-21-2003, 11:43 AM
i tried sticking it in my cd player but all i got was scratching noises