PDA

View Full Version : what kind of dungeon do you like to play most?

idontknow
09-17-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm just wondering, but what kind of dungeon do you like to play most?
-For example, some people like the more traditional type dungeons better, with perfectly square rooms & centered doors, with the traditional gameplay, & only don't span many dmaps
-Others like dungeons that are very complex & have many stair wells that lead to other dungeon dmaps of the same level--they like "multiple floor" dungeons
-Some people like dungeons that are more freeform & tend to have offcenter doors & unique shaped rooms, rather than the traditional square rooms
-And then there are those who like dungeons that don't even appear to be dungeons at all! these dungeons are sooo freeform that they tend to look more like complex worlds, or caves, or volcanoes, or whatever ya wish for the level to be

What kind of dungeon(s) do you enjoy playing most? what do you look for in a dungeon in particular? what do you think is more important regarding gameplay--fighting enemies, or solving puzzles?

ShadowTiger
09-17-2003, 03:17 PM
I LOVE the Latter 2 that you mentioned, IDK. The DFW / Revenge 2 style maps are for the challenge factor, but they're not really all.. that.. fun, know what I mean? If Challenge is fun, then by all means. But I love creativity. I can't stand making a dungeon that's not abnormal.

Ganonator
09-17-2003, 03:26 PM
As a quester, I love making nice ol' square dungeons. As a player, I like em' tricky as all hell. Such an issue.

The interesting hybrids of the two - one or two screened rooms - are the best, IMO.

DarkFlameWolf
09-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I like a mix of both. :)

idontknow
09-17-2003, 05:28 PM
i have another question:
--What would you like to see in a "gerudo training ground" type dungeon? or how would you go about making one? if you have any ideas for puzzles or such that should be included in such a thing, please give ur ideas

Happyman
09-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Well...
- Lots of Lens of Truth use
- A confusing maze of keys
- Major difficulty in puzzles and enemies

Now for the original question: I like dungeons with a nice balance of puzzles and battle; any of those styles works for me. Sure, I'm a puzzle freak, but I also take pride in my battle skill.

Sephiroth
09-17-2003, 08:25 PM
I make those wierd freeform dungeons and I also like playing freeform dungeons.. :p I also like to be puzzled by a puzzle.. :p

Freedom
09-17-2003, 10:11 PM
I like and do both, not all houses are the same, why should dungeons be? :O)

My current quest (almost done after about 1400 hours) level 5 is like something you would expect in Zelda, and level 7 is a freeform nightmare :O)

So when I realease it, if you don't like the gameplay, just wait a minute, it will change in the next dungeon, they are all very different :O)

Sephiroth
09-17-2003, 10:12 PM
hehe.. My level 7 has a freeform nightmare of a maze in it.. :p

Freedom
09-17-2003, 10:16 PM
My maze is in 4, a full map, with a reward of the magic sword :O)

Sephiroth
09-17-2003, 10:19 PM
hehe.. my maze is a 16 screen maze.. the boss key, and mirror shield is in the maze.. also you need the mirror shield you you can beat the boss -- a wind wizzie. :p

DarkFlameWolf
09-18-2003, 12:04 AM
um.....mirror shield doesn't block those wind gusts those wind robes shoot, I don't think..........might want to rethink that logic.
And it seems a trend now to make level 7 the maze level. o_O