PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind freezes and Glitches Up!

Monica
09-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Ok, in my other topic, I mentioned that my PC version of Morrowind has started to have lines run through it so I can't play it. Well today, I bought the XBOX version, thinking "How could it mess up on a console?" Well, I got my answer in more ways than one. First of all, right when I stuck it in, when it said Press Start, it wouldn't start. Finally after a few resets it did, and I got all the way out to Syrad Neen, but I like to play in third person instead of First, so I check the controls to see what Toggle was and it looked likr R so I tried R but it didn't to it. I tried them all but nothing did. So I made the toggle button something else but when I got out of the menu it froze up and was buzzing...

So I retried yet again, and this time, I pusted start to bypass the opening (as I had done before) and it froze right there in the middle of that story. So I reset yet again, let the thing play out, and it froze right before it shows the guy who wakes you up.

Now I KNOW Morrowind HAS to be more stable than this! Has anyone else had these problems? Could my brother's XBOX be to blame? :cry:

Yoshiman
09-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Maybe your disk is scratched? Did you check that? Also, make sure there isn't any dust in the system. That's all I can tell you :shrug:

War Lord
09-16-2003, 06:30 PM
I've had no problems with my Morrowind on Xbox, check the disk, and check the system, sounds like a defective system, if all else fails, return that one to the store and get a new one.
If that one does the same, it has to be the system.

linkofzelda1
09-17-2003, 12:39 AM
I have never had any trouble with Morrowind, PC or 'Box. It is a tad unstable on PC (a CTD here and there, but that's about it), but it shouldn't be acting the way it is on XBox.

Do your other games work just fine? Maybe your copy of morrowind just got screwed in production?

AlexMax
09-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Unfortuniatly, Morrowind isn't the most stable thing in existance. I suspect it is something wrong with the way it was made, since on my Xbox, it froze when I was in route to Balmora. Also, IGN reported that it froze on them once too. However, that was the only time it froze for me. And in any case, Morrowind, Game of the Year edition is on the way, and hopefully they will have fixed some of the issues with the origional.

However, Morrowind has never fucked up that much on me. (Don't ask me to try anything, I sold it) Did you get origional or Platinum Hits? It might be the disc, and there is a known batch of defective Xbox's that were made.

Now before you start 'OMG XBOX CRASHES", that's the only game I've ever experienced a problem with, and it looks like it is more likely a problem with the game's stability than the Xbox's. Plus, I would avoid getting any console on release day now, for fear of defective units (like the PS2's that have the reading problem after a while), that are most likely straightened out by the time the first couple of price drops hit..

Monica
09-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Hmmm, we did get that XBOX the Christmas that they came out, but I asked my brother and he said that the XBOX doesn't lock up on him...I dusted the XBOX (pitside and tray) and am about to retry...

Nope, it still freezes at the beginning when the guy wakes you up...aww man.

Okay, since I had a great time with the PC version when I first got it, I think I'll get a new CD. But what exactly are those two expansions? Do you install them on Morrowind? Can you put and use both expansions at the same time? I heard that's what XBOX did but I dunno what expansions are. Are they downloads?

AlexMax
09-17-2003, 04:03 PM
You buy the Morrowind expansions for Morrowind the the PC.

Morrowind Game of the Year for Xbox will not only have the origional Morrowind, but also the two expansions on the same CD.