View Full Version : Wow, I didn't expect this

jman2050
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Now we know why Pokemon R/S had all the Pokemon data:

http://www.gamespot.com/6075120

Personally, Red is still my favorite version, so I will be eagerly awaiting this.

MasterSwordUltima
09-16-2003, 04:08 PM
omg, pokemon is teh suxx0rz ;) Actually, I really don't care much for pokemon, but since it is a level 65 Consumer product, you know its going to do good. They will have better graphics though, right? I mean, they WILL HAVE BETTER GRAPHICS, RIGHT!!?!!?!?

Tygore
09-16-2003, 07:22 PM
No, it'll be text-based.

Are they going to change the green version to blue like they did before for American audiences? Or are there going to be some confused 10-year olds?

Pablo
09-16-2003, 10:14 PM
This is, what, the 4th incarnation of Pokémon?

Good Lord, they're treating the series like Tomb Raider :o

vegeta1215
09-17-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm a fan of Pokeman, but ugh...Red and Green remakes? After playing Gold, I can't imagine going back to the Red/Blue/Green series without some serious changes. Hopefully more info will come out on this.

stormwatcheagle
09-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
No, it'll be text-based.

Are they going to change the green version to blue like they did before for American audiences? Or are there going to be some confused 10-year olds?

Thank you for clearing that up. I've been confused for a good 3 years on that.

Link 101
09-17-2003, 08:06 PM
What, never knew what Green Version was? I don't care much for Pkmn. It was cool to have one on GBA though, the graphics where outstanding and I liked it. I don't want those games unless they change the graphics or something.

stormwatcheagle
09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
I didn't know blue and green were the same. But, it is sorta wierd. If you read the Pokemon comics without Ash, you see that Red and Blue are important to the series.

Daarkseid
09-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I'm a fan of Pokeman, but ugh...Red and Green remakes? After playing Gold, I can't imagine going back to the Red/Blue/Green series without some serious changes. Hopefully more info will come out on this.

Surely the remakes will include some extra features to make them more attractive plays..

Actually, in Japan, the Red and Green were the first versions released, then a special "Blue" version was released for people to order specially from Nintendo.

All three had their different assortment of monsters, with Blue, I think, containing access to more of the monsters than Red or Green did.

All three of the monster assortments were condensed and then split between two versions, both called Red and Blue, for the American market. It seems almost assured they'll do the same about the remakes in the US... change the monster assortments to reflect the ones found in Red and Blue versions in the US, and then make green into blue.

KJAZZ
09-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Don't forget, Blue (jp) had updated graphics from Red/Green. The first Red/Green graphics were hideous.

This seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll get it. :shrug:

Tygore
09-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

I'm sure it will have the same features as Ruby/Sapphire. Haven't played them, but what I know from Gold/Silver, I'm sure it will have Pokemon genders, equippable items, and time-of-day stuff.

Pink_Demon
09-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Could be worse. They could remake yellow.

:blah:

Kirby of Doom
09-25-2003, 10:34 PM
I was playing ruby or saphire emulatorized a while back and in my opinion it's worse than g/s/c. Not that I'm into pokemon anymore, but the old games are good. The new GBA ones don't have some of the cool features from g/s/c. Anyway, that's my rant.

MottZilla
09-26-2003, 10:37 PM
What features are those? I've been playing Pokemon Ruby lately, and it's pretty cool.

KingArthur
09-27-2003, 03:06 AM
clock based events for one

and I'm pretty sure FRand LG will have some new features besides better graphics.. otherwise there wouldnt be a point besides Ruby/Sapphire compatability.. and what about the Pokemon from G/S/C that arent catchable? mebbe Fire red and Leaf green will contain both the Kanto AND Johto Regions