PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Positions

carrot red
09-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Study: Sleeping Position Reveals Personality Traits

London (Reuters) - Whether it's curled up in the fetal position, flat on the stomach or stretched out across the bed, the way people sleep reveals their personality, a British sleep expert said Tuesday.
Click here to find out yours. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030916/sc_nm/science_sleep_dc_2)

"What's interesting is that the profile behind the posture is often very different from what we would expect," he added in a statement.

True. Mine (I have two sleeping positions) have nothing to do with my personality.

Goat
09-16-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm a freefaller. i don't believe I am either brash or gregarious, hey what do I know *shrugs*

Master Ghaleon
09-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I like to be on the top.... Oh that kind of sleeping position ;)

I usually lay on my side or back

Pablo
09-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Says I'm quiet and unassuming.

Surprisingly accurate...

And who would sleep facedown? That seems kinda uncomfortable. Whatever floats your boat, I guess :shrug:

MANDRAG GANON
09-16-2003, 04:51 PM
I sleep in every position so what the hell does that make me...O.o everything?

Axel
09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
I wasn't in there. I sleep with my back on the seat of the couch, and my legs running up the back and my feet resting on the window.
what's that make me?

Yoshiman
09-16-2003, 05:36 PM
I sort of sleep in a fetal position. Not all the way though. But I am rather shy and quiet in person. But over the internet, I talk alot. You should see me in a chatroom (Even though I rarley go in one).

Goat
09-16-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
I sleep in every position so what the hell does that make me...

a slut

slothman
09-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Very scientific. It's completely wrong. Even my astrology sign is more accurate.

vegeta1215
09-17-2003, 12:32 AM
"Unassuming, good listeners usually adopt the starfish position -- on the back with outstretched arms and legs."

Right...I think a better explanation is that my bed is too damn short and that's the only way I can sleep without my feet hanging off the end!

VEL
09-17-2003, 12:37 AM
I sleep in the fetal position, and that sites description fits me.

gameguy032
09-17-2003, 12:48 AM
In one night, I go through at least three positions before I finally fall asleep. Usually starting with fetal to warm up, the soldier position just so I can get completely stretched out, then go to the log, using the terms in the report. I tend to wake up with the last one I think, so I guess that's how I sleep. That'd mean I have "a social, easy-going personality." Sounds pretty much like me.

carrot red
09-17-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Axel
I wasn't in there. I sleep with my back on the seat of the couch, and my legs running up the back and my feet resting on the window.
what's that make me?
Odd.
What sleeping position is that? Don't you have a bed?

Amber
09-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Shoot, you beat me to it. Oh well.

If you sleep in all the positions, I guess that's what mood you're going to be in when you wake up. That's what tends to happen to me anyway.

deathbyhokie
09-17-2003, 08:13 AM
unfortunatly, i have to curl up in my bed. it's not excatly the kind of bed that's made for tall people.

Master Ghaleon
09-17-2003, 11:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
I sleep in every position so what the hell does that make me...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Goat
a slut

I must invite MANDRAG GANON to spend the night with me so we can sleep in various positions :saint:

ShadowTiger
09-17-2003, 12:15 PM
I sleep on my side in the Featal position, whatever. I just can't sleep on my back/front. (Sometimes, when I'm on my back, I think my front teeth will fall out. :odd: )

cyberkitten
09-17-2003, 03:26 PM
odd. i usually sleep on my stomach when i'm upset about something. otherwise, i sleep on my back with my hands curled up on my stomach.

gdorf
09-17-2003, 05:57 PM
I always sleep on my stomach with my hands under my pillow and to the side of my head, though i occasionally sleep on my side. I would like to see some of these statistics before I really buy into this though. Frankly, I think this sounds a little loony are far-fetched. :shrug:

theplustwo
09-18-2003, 11:17 AM
i can't sleep any way but flat on my back with my legs straight and my arms at my sides. dunno what that makes me, it's not in the artice. :shrug: