PDA

View Full Version : Miyamoto sends promising signs of Mother 3

AlexMax
09-14-2003, 09:29 PM
http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1063562071

Apparently Miyamoto has seen the Mother 3 petition. And from what I can see, the vibes are good.

Start crossing your fingers...

Yoshiman
09-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Now, all we need is a Seiken Densetsu 3 petition, and a Tales of Phantasia petition.

MANDRAG GANON
09-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Theres is going to be a Tales of Phantasia Sequel on the Gamecube, I saw stuff on it awhile ago, it looks really nice its kinda like a half Cel-shading half 3D its cool.

vegeta1215
09-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Nintendo Power has Tales of Phantasia listed under their upcoming releases for GBA. I played it on my emulator, but I'm not too crazy about it. Though the battle system is unique, its kind of awkward, and I never really got into the game. Also, the graphics outside of battle aren't very pleasing and can't compare to other SNES RPGs of it's time.

I remember seeing screen shots of Mother 3 when it was being made for N64, it looked nice. NP hasn't mentioned it in a long time though.

Daarkseid
09-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

I remember seeing screen shots of Mother 3 when it was being made for N64, it looked nice. NP hasn't mentioned it in a long time though.

Thats because NP is Nintendo Fanboy Propaganda intended to sell more games. They have made some commendable efforts in the past to get the RPG genre to be more popular(as well as running articles on various Japanese games we would want to have but won't). Though that was years ago.

Mother 3 was definitely cancelled and so NP quietly removed it(or Earthbound 64, rather) from their upcoming releases list. That pissed me off so much. NP almost never(if ever) announced when games were cancelled. They would simply not mention the game for months after its cancellation, then remove any mention of it from their upcoming list. They also did this with Star Fox 2.

SATAN
09-15-2003, 05:06 AM
I hope they will make it! i've been waiting for it since the n64 news!

YEah!

Grasshopper
09-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Thats because NP is Nintendo Fanboy Propaganda intended to sell more games. They have made some commendable efforts in the past to get the RPG genre to be more popular(as well as running articles on various Japanese games we would want to have but won't). Though that was years ago.

Mother 3 was definitely cancelled and so NP quietly removed it(or Earthbound 64, rather) from their upcoming releases list. That pissed me off so much. NP almost never(if ever) announced when games were cancelled. They would simply not mention the game for months after its cancellation, then remove any mention of it from their upcoming list. They also did this with Star Fox 2.

They're an american magazine, they never mention anything other what will happen over here. Kinda sucks. I was surprised when they started mentioning that there were other consoles besides Ninendo.

MANDRAG GANON
09-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Tales of Phantasia 2 (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/tos.html)

AtmaWeapon
09-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Miyamoto is thinking of sending us Mother 3?!?

/me dies

Personally, I'm about to let my subscription to NP run itself out. The first issue I received was 33, and I let the subscription lapse once, but the Metroid Prime bundle pack was what made me resubscribe. Unless there's another good game/merchandise/subscription bundle soon, I will not resubscribe.

I won't hijack this topic, though. I think I'm going make an NP post.

SATAN
09-15-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
Tales of Phantasia 2 (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/tos.html)

I like it mandrag......i never heard of it yet! hope it comes out soon!