PDA

View Full Version : Which PC RPGs are like Morrowind?

Monica
09-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone, I love RPGs, but my most favorite are the ones where you choose different races and classes, like Swordsmen/women, White Mages, Black Mages, Elves, dwarves, Humans, Halflings, Half-Elves, etc, and go on a million quests like in Morrowind. Morrowind is the coolest RPG I've ever played but now it has a scratch which I have no idea how it got there, but now all these lines run through the game so I can't play. :( Even though most of those I mentioned aren't in Morrowind, is there a Morrowind-style game that has races similar to those?

MasterSwordUltima
09-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Shattered Earth. ;) But since god hates us, we can't play that. Actually, Tactics Advance has a bajillion missions to complete, and you can change your class anytime (besides battle). But only certain races can be certain classes. PM me and I'll send you the rom (in english :D)

cap2030
09-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Try a game called gothic., it's similar to morrowind.

You start as a prisoner in a colony I wont say more cause it will take to long.

But the game does a great job of immersing you into story. You'll feel like you really are in a prison colony.

Controls are a pain at first but eventually you get used to them.

Part 2 is coming out soon so you should be able to find the first one for cheap.

edit:
I just read the rest of your post, in gothic your stuck with one nameless character,you cant make one.

njptoo86
09-15-2003, 06:37 AM
why dont you try arena or daggerfall the 2 games before morrowind

Monica
09-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh ok, I'll try those prequels, are they as deep in story? And MSU, thanks for the ROM offer but I know it's against the rules in a PM and both of us would be banned. Although I can't see GBA well enough for the real game... But I do have FFT for PS1 and it doesn't seem like that type of game...

Pablo
09-15-2003, 10:04 PM
And MSU, thanks for the ROM offer but I know it's against the rules in a PM and both of us would be banned.

Try AIM...and MSU, would you mind sending the pROgraM my way too? Thanks :)

Paradox
09-15-2003, 10:50 PM
one of my friends has Gothic. I don't know how deep the stories or quests go, but it seems like a pretty good game.

AlexMax
09-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Ummmm... Ultima?

Jesus, you people are so unedgabucated

gdorf
09-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Monica, from what you say, it sounds like you would REALLY like Neverwinter Nights. It is a game where you choose from many different classes/races. Also, it is heavily multiplayer based, BUT, it has no monthly fee. It is a game where developing your character is almost as fun as playing the actual game (which has a great storyline)

also, to top it off, Neverwinter nights has one of the best editors available for games out there. There are thousands of custom maps available, and you can even make your own. Pretty much, this game rocks. Try it out. :)

Monica
09-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Ahhh cool, gdorf, that sounds interesting, thanks :)

Paradox
09-16-2003, 10:31 PM
You could try the Morrowind expansions, Bloodmoon and Tribunal.