PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #7

Ian
09-13-2003, 10:06 PM
You know what to do. Good luck.

C-Dawg
09-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Too many people entered this one- won't be enough left to vote on it.

I'd like to propose we all vote for enry six out of pity. Whoever designed it was clearly going through some serious physical problems. With motor skills like that, I bet the poor fellow can't even get the hang of tie'n the flesh rope.

-C

Blonde799
09-13-2003, 11:56 PM
This contest is by far, the one with the most crappiest entries. I just had to laugh at #6(no offense to the author of course).:laughing:

Jonathan
09-14-2003, 03:50 AM
alot more entrys this time around,thats good,here are my opinions
#1-MINE
#2-a ball with waveing lines
#3-not a bad attempt but not very original
#4-i like the detail on the empty areas...
#5-great animations on that one,i would vote for it but i enterd
#6-O.o wow was it made that way ententionaly
#7-another nice entry but it came in second for me
EDIT:Ian did you change mines colors any because there is no shading in the center and the sparkles are a different color than the ones i sent you:confuse2:

Ian
09-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Hrm, I didn't change anything when I got it. Not sure what happened though.

Oh, and BTW, #5 has to be edited because of too much l33tness. That there is only half of what was submitted. But never fear, I'll show the full version after the contest is over.

redmage777
09-14-2003, 02:35 PM
There may be more poor entries then before, but there seem to just as many good ones as bad ones.

1.) Would be realy good in a spaceship type quest (I've thought about doing one)
2.) Take this is the "Nose" HC some one was talking about?
3.) It would fit well with some custom tilesets I've seen.
4.) It's Mine, so ofcourse I think its good.
5.) Is a nice Importaint looking item, that could have multiple uses.
6.) Good for a Paper Mario Quest.
7.) Would good for a futuristic quest, or also a good replacement for the Fairy.

As you can see, Theres something good to say about all of them, Some are a wild stretch, but at least I thought of something. I'm glad I entered this time, because I would have had a hard time choosing...

Demimore
09-15-2003, 10:06 AM
I don't really like any of these. And what is it supposed to be? Heart containers? Doesn't look very good.

ShadowTiger
09-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Too bad. :p As WYSIWYG says, "What You See Is What You Get." :p So if you voted on one of them, you like it. ;) Mwahaha..

C-Dawg
09-15-2003, 02:18 PM
"Look at me! I'm the varia suit!"

Ugh, that little metriod hack thing is winning? What a travesty of democracy. I hope we get some more people in here to vote.

-C

lord_jamitossi
09-15-2003, 06:07 PM
SHEESH!!!!
My computer was down so i couldn't see the results, and i just got on for a second and i thought - I - was entry number 6. I'm number 7!!! i'm winning!!!
- and thus far i have gotten 1 vote for every 1.43 minutes i took to make this tile. :P

Ian
09-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Well, I might as well end it now. Congrats Jamitossi. Oh, and here is C-Dawg's FULL entry:
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.webspawner.com/users/dffeegfrgf/C%2dSpiritHeart_.gif

Anyhoo, I don't have enough time to make the next contest now, but I'll have it up in a few hours.

C-Dawg
09-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Curses! Now I know how Al Gore must have felt. Unlike Al Gore, however, I WILL be running against Jamitossi in the next election. ;)

-C

ShadowTiger
09-16-2003, 02:41 PM
F*ckin OMG, man. C, that truly is 1337ness. (I hope I did that right. :eyebrow: ) Nice. Well, I voted for you anyway. ;) But ya gotta admit, your (as awkward as the word is in terms of you,) present competition has a rotating aura around the HC, which I'm sure the vast majority of us were thinking about, so we voted towards it. :shrug: It probably had the best rotating thing, so we did what came naturally.

lord_jamitossi
09-16-2003, 05:43 PM
is it normal that i see a little red X for c-dawg's full submission?

- never mind, it's up now. :odd:

... and yeah, i figured other people would have the rotating circle thing so, i sorta hesitated, then couldn't find any other ideas except ones that would take like, 3 hours to make, so i took that.