PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a demo?

jman2050
09-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Meh, it's been a while. Guess summer was a bit too daunting thsan I expected, as I got more done on Royal Heart in the past few days than during the entire summer. I'm nearing the completion of the quest up to the first major boss (and plot device), so I ask, would this be a good place to release another demo? I really don't like giving out demos because it spoils playing the completed quest to a certain extent, yet, I don't want people to think that this quest is dead. Basically if I were to release a demo, it would include the following:

3 areas (that's my term for level, since there are small sections that are small enough not to be an area but could quite possibly be considered a level. Note this does not refer to the triforce dungeons. I have my own term for those, as you will see in the future...)
about 1/5-1/4 of the present time overworld done, which is approximately 15% of the whole kit and kaboodle.
2 towns, cities, villages, whatever you want to call them
access to three(techincally, four) more items than in the original demo
enough heart pieces to make looking for them worthwhile
lots of neat tricks
the sweat of my brow
and a free toy with every happy mea... oops, sorry

So, what do you guys think? Oh yes, and before I forget, I have two more rejected design documents ot add to the scrapbook(if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to my hosted forum at PureZC), so expect that in the near future...

Ganonator
09-15-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by jman2050
about 1/5-1/4 of the present time overworld done *cough* ...sell-out... *cough*

Release a demo. That is the only way the creator will know if it is going to be a worthwhile quest to continue or complete.