What Helps You Fall Asleep?

-Hot shower
-Reading
-Watching crappy late-night TV
-Counting sheep
-Sheer exhaustion
-Sleeping pills
-Read boring threads
-Blunt force trauma to the base of the skull... (it's hard to find someone willing to help you here, though.)

I haven't tried them all, but most keep me awake.

Starkist
09-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Soft Music.

Gerudo
09-09-2003, 09:40 PM
staying awake till im passign out and almost unable to fall into bed...
hmm... i guess thats sheer exhaustion, technically...

either that or a comment reserved for ASWGL... ;)

carrot red
09-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention music in that list.

And making love.

Daarkseid
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Pills.

Master Ghaleon
09-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Having sex just wakes me up and wanna have more hehe.

Usually music and watching TV put me to sleep

Crazy_Link
09-09-2003, 09:49 PM
its either Reading or listening to music

Mitsukara
09-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Well, generally, it helps when I'm tired... it's much easier to get to sleep at 3:30 AM than at midnight or 10:00 PM, which is my bedtime. I think sometimes music helps and sometimes it makes it worse. Generally, when I read, I tend to either stay up all night reading, or get bored out of my skull and just sit there if the book doesn't interest me enough.

This is more a psychological thing, but it helps when I have something I'm looking forward to doing the next day (but not neccesarily the next morning, that can make it worse)... I think it would help a lot if I could sleep in someone else's room (if I were close to that person) or if I could maybe even sleep in the same bed as someone else (which I haven't done since I was 5)... I also have kind of a negative association with this house in my mind, so I find it a bit easier to fall asleep at someone elses' house.

Of course, along the being-tired-helps line, then something which might or might not be what Gerudo was thinking of above helps sometimes.

I tend to sleep pretty badly, though, for a number of reasons... it'd probably get better if I was older and had moved out already, I think I'd feel more comfortable then.

CoolestNameEver
09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
I usually don't have trouble falling asleep since I'm so tired, so that would be sheer exhaustion I guess. Reading doesn't help me even if the book sucks. Everything else in the list either doesn't help or is something I've never tried.

Rijuhn
09-09-2003, 10:14 PM
I seem to sleep better at other people's houses for some reason. At my house I feel stagnant and dead inside.

I also seem to sleep better any place besides my bed, when I'm reading or watching a show I like on TV.

Pablo
09-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Blowjobs. (:p)

And a long day of high school.

Rainman
09-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Umm... *looks around* Masturbation! *runs off*

Raichu86
09-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Starkist
Soft Music.
Hard music. :p No, seriously. I can fall asleep listening to hard music.

I normally fall asleep listening to the radio, playing a video game (GB with light), or by reading something. Listening is the most effective, reading is the least effective.

Hot showers tend to wake me up. If I take a shower while I'm tired, I'm refueled for a few minutes. :shrug:

Goat
09-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Damnit, I wanted to be teh risque one and say jerkign off!! I throw on some music, usually metallica, nirvana, or korn.

deathbyhokie
09-10-2003, 08:23 AM
summer sounds. since i live in the middle of nowhere, there's alot of insects and such that make noise. if i go stay with someone where it's not a rurual, i find it a heck of alot harder to fall asleep.

Verman
09-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Umm... *looks around* Masturbation! *runs off*

Hhahahahaha I was soooo waiting for that ;)

Anyhow. Sex puts me to sleep, after about the fifth time its just ugggggggg and i pass out unable to move... The girl could theoretically steal everything I own at the time and I wouldnt wake up...

As for sex waking master gha up....thats wierd... :P