PDA

View Full Version : Don't Throw Rocks Near Car Windows.

ShadowTiger
09-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh Dear Lord.... Damit.... Between Saturday night and sunday morning, someone had thrown a rock at my (parent's) car, and the rear window was completely shattered. (Although it does look pretty damn cool. :laughing: ) A new window will cost about 600 dollars, probably more, because apparently although rocks are covered in our Insurance, flying rocks aren't. Seeing as this was of the flying species of rock, we had to pay in full. :eyebrow:

Later, two boys (Who looked not unlike the average smashing-of-windows-with-a-rock age came to our house to inform us that their car was smashed similarly. We had our suspicious that they were the ones who had smashed the window, then came to tell us their matching story to cover up their deeds.

What do you think?

Pablo
09-08-2003, 05:00 PM
I think that if they weren't the culprits, they'd have backed their story up a bit...perhaps some evidence? Like a good look at their smashed car.

Oh, and the insurance policy- wtf? Rocks, but not flying rocks?

Kirby of Doom
09-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Was their car really smashed? And was it their car or their parents'? I'm sure they probably wouldn't smash their own car.

ShadowTiger
09-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Well, that's the thing. They may have simply CLAIMED that they had a smashed window, because they also said that it was a different car. (Sound like a lie yet? :eyebrow: )

Yoshiman
09-08-2003, 05:35 PM
They are probabably the ones who did it. But just in case, I'd get a little more info. You really don't want to falsley accuse someone if they didn't do it. Call their parents or something.

Link 101
09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or anything of that sort. Just call their parents or something. BTW, I think they did it.

Ich
09-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Did you tell them that you had a smashed car window? Could they have found out through some way without you telling them?

They sound guilty, but I'd need to hear their side of the story, not your version of their side of the story to really make a judgement.

MasterSwordUltima
09-08-2003, 06:40 PM
I hate those flying rocks. Charging rocks, dashing rocks, bouncing rocks, and even explosive rocks I can handle...but those flying rocks...they're the ones ya gotta look out for. ;)

p.s. IT WAS ME! :P

gameguy032
09-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Where was the car at the time they came by? If it was out in the open, then there's a chance they didn't do it. If it was gone or put up somewhere, and they came by, they'd had to have done it. I mean, how else would they know about it?
And why would they come by and say their car window was smashed up as well? It doesn't make much sense really. I'm probably gonna say they did it.
And what age group is this not unlike the average rock-throwing-group? It might make the smallest difference, but I doubt it.
Hm... where they related? Or just a bunch of friends together? If they weren't related, why would they say "their" car window was smashed as well? Why not his/her car window was smashed as well?
Odd how I'm getting all these questions from something so simple as a smashed window.

KJAZZ
09-08-2003, 08:22 PM
It sounds to me like they're lying and they did it. But that's just what I think.

BTW, MSU/Mirau is lying. It was me. He just wants to take all the credit. ;P

ShadowTiger
09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
It's alright, I know it was you guys. ;) No biggie. Next time, use something bigger, and don't leave it right next to the car. :rolleyes: We can use your DNA from the thing. ;)

No, but seriously, today, I found out that a number of other neighbors also had their windows smashed in, so we think that it wasn't the boys after all, AND we're calling the police to report it. :shrug: Think we should?

Yoshiman
09-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Yeah, tell the police about it. The people who threw the rocks probably won't do it again if there are police investigating the area. Hopefully they fin the rock-throwers and fine them alot of money

*Glares at MSU and KJAZZ*

Kirby of Doom
09-08-2003, 10:51 PM
And hopefully they have that much money. ;)

Yoshiman
09-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Yeah, considering that no one's car insurance covered flying rocks, each car would cost $600 to repair, so let's say 5 of your neighbors had thier windows smashed by rocks. That would come to...

-----

That's alot of money. And that if I did the math right (Gimme a break, it's only 6:15AM here).

Mitsukara
09-09-2003, 01:47 PM
You wouldn't think that the children would've come and talked to you about it... maybe the parents, but not the kids. Plus, if you haven't actually seen this other car for yourself... sounds pretty shaky to me, I'd try to find/talk to their parents if possible.

Not that I know anything about how insurance works, but that sounds pretty crappy. I mean, what the hell, when they said your insurance covered damage by rocks, did they mean ones sitting still on the ground, or did they mean the walking ones?!

idontknow
09-09-2003, 02:55 PM
could u go to court & testify that the insurance should cover it becuz they never said anything about "thrown" rocks :) you could say that technically the rocks weren't "flying"