PDA

View Full Version : Tile Contest #6

Ian
09-08-2003, 03:27 PM
There they are. Not much here this contest, but hopefully I'll find a better topic after this. Same as always, this will end in two days. Good Luck.

DarkAvenger
09-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Maybe next time people should make different health meters? Just a suggestion, but most now-a-days are still good 'ol hearts. =p

ShadowTiger
09-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Wow. Tough choice this time 'round. I really like the top flowers, because they're certainly original, but the bottom flowers actually look like flowers. :p I definitely would have voted for the top ones, but they look like very mean flowers. :p And you never know when a flower will bite you.

idontknow
09-08-2003, 04:04 PM
here's some suggestions for a new contest:
-A set of tiles for a new building (exterior) or house--like the ones in the Puretileset, which include the tiles of the bottom part of the roof that say "Shop" on them
-Who can make the best custom magic meter?
-How 'bout the best new link sprites?! so simple & why nobody else thought of it, i dont know but there should be a contest for a custom link (it must be from scratch & not simply a cop-out from a tileset & also, there must be at least one tile for each direction for the walking animation & tiles for all other of link's animations are optiional but might be nice to see)
-The best custom heart, Heart Container, HC Piece, or heart icon (for the life meter)

Spike
09-08-2003, 04:51 PM
The only thing I DON'T agree with you IDK is the Link tiles. I don't believe anyone would want to make a whole sheet of Link tiles just for a contest plus, if there were only a few directions of him there would be no point in really entering unfinished tiles. That's mainly the reason I did not suggest that. =/ Second, I like the Heart Container Piece and Full idea, I don't see why I didn't think of that!

lord_jamitossi
09-08-2003, 08:53 PM
hmmm... it seems we know who's won this round... at this point it's 14 to 1.
i was gonna enter with a pirahna plant, but, you know - shit happens.

Raichu86
09-08-2003, 09:14 PM
#2 is more like what I thought we'd see more of in this contest. :p I voted for #1.

DeathLink
09-08-2003, 09:28 PM
i like the link one, tho i think that they should be able to edit others. that way we would get more good looking sprites. quite honestly im getting sick of all these constant link tiles. we need originallity, thats what ZC is for, MORE! ;)

i like the bottom one, i dono, but the 2nd looks almost EXACTLY(sp?) like one iv seen in a tileset.

Jonathan
09-09-2003, 03:29 AM
i lost but i thought it was supposed to be flowers #1 looks like a weed to me(then again all flowers look like weeds to me)congrats to the other person,C-Dawg i beleive...but how is Ian going to fit that on a trophy...
Next should be Player(not just Link) sprites

Ian
09-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Actually, I already have done a contest for custom player sprites. It was the very first one.

" For the very first Tile Contest, I want you to make your very own, main character sprite. By main character I don't mean complete with walking and swimming, just a front view of the person. It could be a robot, a pirate, or even Link (but it'd have to be a unique Link to win)"

Remember people, when I SAY that you only need the front view, or one tile of something, don't hessitate to make more if you want. I only asked for a Flower tile, and the 1st entry has 3, complete with animations (though, it was probably already made before hand, as long as you made it, you can enter it)

BTW, I have my idea for the next tile contest. Hope it brings in a few more entries.

C-Dawg
09-09-2003, 08:31 AM
I'll break the shroud of anominity, since the contest is over. The flowers were not created beforehand; they were designed after the announcment of your contest. Admittedly, I designed them for use in Sabotage Dragoon- they now spice up the slopes of Saltsand Mountain.

-C

Jonathan
09-09-2003, 08:35 AM
heheh thats usually what i do

Ian
09-09-2003, 10:24 AM
oh, heh, my mistake. I think I may have to end the contest a bit early this time, since the 2nd entry won't be able to conjur up about 19 votes by tomorrow. So congrats to C-dawg! I'll get the next contest on the go in a minute.

ShadowTiger
09-10-2003, 05:23 PM
:clap: Congrats C-Dawg! :kawaii: :D Woo! Don't forget to send the other flower to the PZC database when you can. It's why I voted for it, to save the underdog. (Someone's gotta do it,)

lord_jamitossi
09-10-2003, 07:16 PM
had i been around for the first contest, i could have given in my Sheik tile i'd been working on... I say you should do another of player sprites now that the contest is rolling. Good job, C-dawg!

Demimore
09-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
:clap: Congrats C-Dawg! :kawaii: :D Woo! Don't forget to send the other flower to the PZC database when you can. It's why I voted for it, to save the underdog. (Someone's gotta do it,)

.................................................. .........Why, WHY don't you just download the image right here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Good that the cool flowers won. The others were no good since they are old and can be found in the Descendant tileset.