PDA

View Full Version : I need a name for this event...

ShadowTiger
09-07-2003, 01:14 PM
:eek: Whitewash... Whitewash is the name that I've got working right now. But that may change with your help.

Basically, what happens during the Whitewash event, is that Link becomes weak. I can't SHOW Link getting weaker though, because it'll ruin the mystery. I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say this, but basically Link loses the ability to use ALL of his weapons. Not his sword, OR his boomerang.

And I can't show the player either How Link loses the powers, or THAT he loses his powers. I just have to make it look dramatic, and terribly, terribly scary.

If you have any recommendations on how I can do this, please come forth and tell me. I'll put your name right in if I choose it. ;)

KJAZZ
09-07-2003, 03:21 PM
You can't make a quest seem scary. ;P

Perhaps something drains his powers?
He gets cursed by something?
He gets amnesia and forgets how to use his stuff?
His weapons become too heavy to use?
He gets convinced violence is wrong and throws away his weapons for the life of a pacifist? ;P

I dunno, be creative. ;P

Mr. Z
09-07-2003, 03:44 PM
A red bubble can make his sword disappear, but the item bubbles make all items vanish... Hmmm, hard...
You could use new combos, like a solid water combe so Link can't use his ladder...

C-Dawg
09-07-2003, 07:13 PM
This doesn't require a brain surgeon. Cover Link with layers, whoopie. Anything on top of that is just your creative vision of what is supposed to be happening.
KJAZZ - Yes. Yes you can make a quest scary. Just that no one has done it.

-C

DeathLink
09-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes. Yes you can make a quest scary. Just that no one has done it
and most likely never will, or until we get better quest development.

Mr. Z
09-08-2003, 03:10 AM
Make it scary?! Hmmm, add mist? and flashing light, a dark palette. spooky midis... easy!

ShadowTiger
09-08-2003, 07:43 AM
:eek: Whitewash... Whitewash is the name that I've got working right now. But that may change with your help.

I'm looking for a good name as well. I know HOW to make it work, (i.e. with conveyors, etc.) but what do you think the player will see and / or be expecting from all this? I can't make it obvious that he's losing power, just that he's very confused, and being affected by some terrible power. So I just need suggestions for what HAPPENS to Link, not how it's done.

If you've ever watched Digimon season 5 or 6 (I have no idea which.) you'de know what I'm talking about.

King
09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Z
Make it scary?! Hmmm, add mist? and flashing light, a dark palette. spooky midis... easy!

Don't forget the loud, unexpected noise. Gets 'em every time. :)

KJAZZ
09-08-2003, 08:27 PM
C-Dawg, BH4 said himself that he knows how to do it, he just wants us to think of a reason why or how Link loses his powers. And if no one has made a quest scary yet, why don't you do it? I'd like to see that..;P