PDA

View Full Version : Puretileset Sprites Request

CJC
09-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Um, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but the hammer sprites for Link in the puretileset are all mixed around. When you use the hammer while facing down, Link turns around and the hammer comes out of his back. When facing the side and using the hammer, Link turns to look at the player (Like he's facing down.) The only one that works correctly is the one facing up. Please, if you are using the puretileset for your quest, rearrange these tiles so that Link doesn't look completely silly when using the hammer. Thank you.

Cloral
09-06-2003, 07:52 PM
This is a bug in ZC, not in the pure tileset. It does this in every tileset in 183 that uses bs animation.

Crazy_Link
09-06-2003, 07:53 PM
I think this is a BS Animation Bug

EDIT: I just noticed at 1:13 AM CST Cloral posted a minute before me...

ShadowTiger
09-09-2003, 11:50 AM
And I think it's in 182.. too. Not too much of a problem, as the hammer still works, but it's just a minor inconvenience. ;)

Demimore
09-11-2003, 08:21 AM
So! That's great to know! I thought that the tiles were misplaced. I didn't like that.

ShadowTiger
09-11-2003, 12:03 PM
It's the swimming tiles that may be misplaced, actually. Several other people have noticed this too. (Not that many people, because we don't get the flippers too early in many quests, and not all of them have the proper animation style.)

CJC
09-11-2003, 07:49 PM
I've found and corrected the error of the swimming tiles. somehow it got set for the base diving tiles to be 2 animation frames long, so if you have a swimming tile setup that has 3 animation frames a piece, the diving animation will be 6 frames long instead of three. The easiest way to fix that is to just copy the diving tiles and paste them again so that the number of diving tiles you have is doubled.

Example: S=Regular Swimming Tile X=Diving Tile N=No Tile
H=Item holding tile

2 animation frames per swimming action.
Before:SS SS SS SS H H XX NN NN NN ...
After:SS SS SS SS H H XX XX NN NN ...

All you have to do is double your diving tiles and it should work.

Demimore
09-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Yes. I knew this too. The Puretileset has placed the tiles *sigh* like they should be placed when NOT using BS animation. Bad work. Baaad work. (The other stuff, though. Is good work).

Sephiroth
09-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I use bs zelda animation and for some reason, I don't have to double-up the tiles..

Drakmyth
09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Have the shallow water tiles been misplaced too? My quest has no tiles set for that so it is just hearts (and really lower the quest greatness.)

CJC
09-12-2003, 09:41 PM
The shallow water tiles are in Weapons/Misc, so you can select them yourself. As for the diving tiles, I think that problem is only for people who aren't using bs zelda animation (Like me.) And now I know that the hammer problem is only for people that use bs animation (Like the Puretileset, because I've never had that animation problem.)

Freedom
09-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Drakmyth,

You'll probably need to go through and load a lot of stuff in the weapons/misc, and in items as well.

You'd probably want to do this anyway.

I started my current quest with decendant and had to load most of it up, and scarf tiles from everywhere to do it.

it didn't have bush leaves, splashing water, and several other things I forget now, been working on it over 8 months....

I'd do it before you get too far along, and I'd also change any pallettes you want changed now, otherwise you'll have more stuff to recolor later.

get everything set up, then build the quest, or do it like I did... the hard way :O)