PDA

View Full Version : initialization data - give map not working

Freedom
09-05-2003, 09:02 PM
I set the init. data for d-map 57 to give link the map from the start, yet it doesn't happen, he can pick up the map in the level and it works fine, but he should be getting it without me placing it right?

is there a bug with this?
I checked M for #7 in the 50 column, which seems correct.

KJAZZ
09-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Which Beta Build are you using? One of the betas (I forget which one at the moment) has a few bugs involving the maps.

Freedom
09-06-2003, 12:05 AM
It's the 182 with the 183 player.
I tried it every way, it just won't work.

idontknow
09-06-2003, 03:07 PM
dmap 57 or level #57? if you set the initial data for dmaps, it goes by level #, not dmap # so make sure the level # is set to 57!

Freedom
09-06-2003, 05:16 PM
from your tutorial....

Pages 3-6: DMap Items
1. On these pages, you can set for which dmaps to you initially have the Map (M), Compass (C), and Boss Key (K).
2. The numbers on top are simbolic of the tens digit in the dmap number while the single numbers on the left are the numbers for the ones digit in the dmap number.
3. If, for example, you wanted Link to have the map for dmap 12, then you would check the box in the M column in the Row labeled 2 in the section underneath 10

You never mention level #, only d-map #, and it don't work
:O)

It's probably not working for me in this instance because the d-map I need it for is level 0 to get around that stinking 00 bug

idontknow
09-06-2003, 08:50 PM
oh, i said dmap # in my tutorial? wooa! well, i'm almost 99% positive it refers to level # but you should try both--so, if your using dmap # 57 & want to have its map from the start, try changing the level # to like lets say 57 also & then set the intial data for level # 57 in the initial data pages rather than by dmap #--if it pursues to not work correctly, then it may b a bug

Freedom
09-06-2003, 09:53 PM
there's no way to put a level number in the init. data IDK, like I said above, it's probably due to the level number being 0 on the d-map itself, but that's the only way I could get the 00 bug to work.

I can live with it, I just gave the map out.

Drakmyth
09-07-2003, 11:25 PM
I think IDK means you should change the level # on the dmap to 57 and see if that works.

Freedom
09-08-2003, 01:20 AM
you can't do that and make a quest.
that would mean each dmap would have to have it's own number assigned to it as a level number.

I did try it with "a" level number, it still doesn't work, and this one was a different dmap, map, and level # all together.